1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CaptureHG01 (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

Just recently purchased a Bally #hangglider. It works great but unfortunately when more than one drop target is down the solenoid doesn't seem to have enough power to push them back up. The entire assembly looks pretty clean and I don't feel any obvious spot where it's sticking it just seems as though the solenoid isn't powerful enough to push up more than one target.

The solenoid looks in good shape as well and the arm moves freely in and out of the solenoid. I have tested the continuity also and that seems good as well. Here is a video of it with various amounts of drops down. Any help is appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

It looks like there are two ways the targets get reset. I suspect that there are some switch contacts that are dirty or not making good contact.

I believe the Green side is triggered while you play. And the Blue side is at end of ball or start of game.

Clean and check the Gap the contacts to see if it helps.

I would do the motor switches 1st.

CaptureHG01 (resized).JPGCaptureHG01 (resized).JPG
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

It looks like there are two ways the targets get reset. I suspect that there are some switch contacts that are dirty or not making good contact.
I believe the Green side is triggered while you play. And the Blue side is at end of ball or start of game.
Clean and check the Gap the contacts to see if it helps.
I would do the motor switches 1st. [quoted image]

I appreciate the help, thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hang-glider-drops-not-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.