(Topic ID: 47898)

Bally Gurus help!

By Shane300zx

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shane300zx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Ok so working on a new to me machine and the test points on the rectifier board are way out specs.
Tp1 i get 5.8vdc Tp2=237vdc tp3=14.1vdc tp4=7.3vac and tp5=63vdc. I have replaced the rectifiers on the board cause i was not getting 5v on tp1 so i was like might as well replace them all. before rectifier rpl i still got 63v on tp5. Also missing 12v and 5v on mpu but i get 30v on tp3 of the mpu where its supposed to be 21v.

#3 11 years ago

Sorry dont understand what the sol driver board has to do with it. These are test points right after the rectifiers and should be in close range of what "the guide" says. from the guide
it seems like all my other voltages are correct with the exception of tp5. Supposed to be 43v but im getting 63v.

#5 11 years ago

Hmm i have 12v and 5v at the sol board i guess i need to look at the wiring from sol board to mpu then. What gives with the 63v on the rectifier board tho?

#8 11 years ago

Star Trek. 63v seems really high! Still have to figure out why im getting 30v on tp3 of the mpu.

#12 11 years ago

I did get 14.1 on the 12v

#13 11 years ago

Ok so came home after bowling resoldered the 600 ohm resistor and fired the machine up. Still had 63v on tp5. Unplugged the sound board and got 43v on tp5 and 21.1 on tp3 on the mpu. Still no 5v and 12v. Jumped them from sol board and game booted accepted coins registered scores but no sling and pop bumpers?

#16 11 years ago

Yeah i think i really need to redo the mpu connectors and that will solve my problems. Trying to find a solution that dont involve a pair of one time use for me 35.00 crimps. Ive looked at .100 idt connectors as im sure i have the tool for inserting the wire at work. Any suggestions?

#17 11 years ago

I did rpl the diode on the sound board and the 100uf cap that that fixed my voltage issue. For some reason the game starts with out adding a coin just no pop bumpers and such. I made sure i was getting 43v to the pop/slings by using the same method used on my black hole. Ground the non banded side and it will fire that coil. So i know all them are working.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Shane300zx:

Yeah i think i really need to redo the mpu connectors and that will solve my problems. Trying to find a solution that dont involve a pair of one time use for me 35.00 crimps. Ive looked at .100 idt connectors as im sure i have the tool for inserting the wire at work. Any suggestions?

Anyone?

2 months later
#22 10 years ago

Update. Redid the j4 mpu connector and am getting correct voltages everywhere. Game still refuses to accept coin and start a game. Anything else i can look at?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shane300zx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-gurus-help?tu=Shane300zx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.