WP_20150406_11_04_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20150406_11_04_46_Pro.jpg
WP_20150406_11_04_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20150406_11_04_11_Pro.jpg
IMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG
IMG_0565.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Just wanted to see if anyone is parting out a Gold Ball play field or if they have the assembly that goes under the apron on Gold Ball and opens the small gate for the gold ball. Mine is missing, so please let me know if you have this part.

Thank you!
Brian

#2 9 years ago

Anyone.......Bueller.....Bueller.....

Let me know!

Brian

#3 9 years ago

i know where there is a goldball playfield but its at the other end of a full container so it will be some time (couple weeks) before I can get to it.. dont lose hope... when we eventually dig though to it there will hopefully be the mech you need...

#4 9 years ago

Tanooki needs the center gold metal target for his.

Oh, and if it has the Field Service Kit installed, I would love to see a pic or a scan of the two plastics that went with it. I just made some up for the 2nd one I had.

#5 9 years ago

ok lets see whats on it

#6 9 years ago

Hey thanks for looking out for me there. Yes my table lacks the center target, the pop bumper covers (I have orange 90s generics), and I have a chrome piece over where the center target is so I imagine that original plastic got wrecked just like the target from impacts.

By the way I was curious, the images I see online over all the screws for the plastics I see what appears to be white rubber caps. Are those just something generic I'm not typing the right thing on ebay or elsewhere to find or what? Currently mine has just silver hex dome screws over mine which look nice enough with the shine but if I could go for accuracy I would. You can see one of them in the second image below.

Also that assembly you asked me for pictures of what was under the blue apron there, this is what I came up with.

IMG_0565.JPGIMG_0565.JPG
IMG_0563.JPGIMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0564.JPGIMG_0564.JPG

#7 9 years ago

That sounds great Wiredoug! It looks a little more complicated than I thought according to the pics from tanooki, (the left one is the one I need), so whenever you dig your play field out, I'd definitely be interested in that assembly if it is still there!

Wonder why there are two coils....maybe a hold open and hold close? interesting....

Thanks for all the help!!

Brian

#8 9 years ago

One opens it. One closes it. Pretty unique assembly, that's for sure.

#9 9 years ago

I'd want to add reading a bit more into this thread on what Lee pointed out. I do not have the replacement plastics for the field kit on my table, it's the original with just the bubbles/balls on the spots not mentioning the new rules. I'm just please I have the home rom kit v12 which does the field service setup. Tried it last night and man that was interesting seeing how much quicker you can rack up a score. Mine is still for me a work in progress and will stay as such. I ordered a novus kit, 4 red lane dividers(2 of mine are cracked), a missing white ring, and a new set of instruction cards last night for the table. I can't wait to clean some of the age off after defunking it from age/smoker/etc junk and giving it a shine. Don't think since I can't do it I'd pay for a total playfield restore or to find someone with stencils to redo the body paint either as it's relatively great still. New legs (beat up) would be nice and the back glass if I could find one in notably better shape as my left corners are funky I'd do that.

1 week later
#10 9 years ago

Hi. I have a tidy and complete Gold Ball fitted with the field service kit plastics - here are some pic's of the plastics and the target area - note I have one EBD bumper cover! I don't think the wording on the plastics adds much but the spelling Gold Ball feature is very good and the game can be fairly easily clocked with the original 6 digit displays. I'm going to try the V12 home ROMs soon- I believe these display the version number in the displays so you know you have them and improves on several sounds.

There is a great Gold Ball shop being logged on pinballinfo at the moment.

WP_20150406_11_04_11_Pro.jpgWP_20150406_11_04_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20150406_11_04_19_Pro.jpgWP_20150406_11_04_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20150406_11_04_46_Pro.jpgWP_20150406_11_04_46_Pro.jpgWP_20150406_11_04_56_Pro.jpgWP_20150406_11_04_56_Pro.jpgWP_20150406_11_05_41_Pro.jpgWP_20150406_11_05_41_Pro.jpg

#11 9 years ago

Looks nice, that we lack (the plastics.) I wish I had that target you had in the center and the pop bumpers as I have 90s same orange generics on mine.

I've been curious about how that service kit scores, it's interesting. It seems that the center pop bumper sometimes sets it off but isn't marked. I checked the spacing twice on my center target so I know it's not making vibration contact. Then of course as the plastics show you have the far left spot and the non-flashing red spots a letter too. We both appear to have the same replacement piece of metal there in the center behind the targets.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Tanooki:

We both appear to have the same replacement piece of metal there in the center behind the targets.

Do you mean the polished cover held down by the two nylon hex nuts? I thought that was original as I've seen it on others such as the pictures on ipdb.

#13 9 years ago

Hmm yeah I'm wrong, did another google image search on the table.
http://www.marcustrevino.com/pinball/GB/GB0006.JPG

They all have that reflective piece of polished chromed metal there like mine does. Well that's one less thing for me to be concerned about. That image seems to have little flat hex nuts holding it down, but most tables I've seen have the white rubber barrel caps in place which I went and got for mine as I felt the dome metal nuts mine came with were pushing down on the old plastics.

Still need to get that target array for mine in that image link I pasted, fear it won't be easy, more fear I find it and someone wants a kidney for it. I'm hoping coming from an old gaming world where Nintendo is getting wrecked that kind of mentality isn't here.

And one thing I'm not certain about are those pop bumpers. I've got those orange 90s ones in mine since the original orange clips broke off on them. Would I need to replace the entire bumper or just the top part as I'd love to get it original at some point, but that unlike the targets is of least priority. I still have one or two of the caps(broken tabs) in a bag here.

#14 9 years ago

I'm glad you think that chrome piece is original as nedrued doing the shop log on pinballinfo is cutting us some replacements as mine is damaged too and fouls the targets in front.

What bits of the target array don't you have? If you notice on mine, the plastic rectangle is broken and been attached together with bolts and a plate. This area and the Goldball target gets a lot of wear, I'm not sure yet how to restore the Gold target but perhaps the plastic can be made from a suitable piece of plastic with a sticker underneath.

The bumper cap cover is in two parts, if yours are a standard size you should be able to pop on the correct ones if you can ever find them. On my machine the EBD cap is wrong but I kind of like it.

I really recommend you look at the shop log if you haven't already. It contains a heap of great Gold Ball work.

#15 9 years ago

I saw that thread poking around a couple hours ago with you two going at it and that restoration job. I'm trying to refer to threads like that, the youtube from TNT who in the 90s did a full discovery of the table mechanics video, and other stuff to figure out where to go with mine.

One thing I can't seemingly figure out as I'm fresh with this is the pop bumpers. I've got some spare ones that were the originals that cracked in a bag here (one gold ball, not sure on the other as its black ink with a pattern design), they appear to snap on, but what the hell do they snap to? When this one was fixed up did someone remove the entire bumper assembly, part of it, if so what part? It's not vital I have these but if I could get it all original it would be nice and at least I'd love to know what the parts are and how they attach. The same could be said for the central target with the back plate with the 'gold ball' colored outer targets with the rounded gold center one. That at the least I do want put back in there.

Currently what I have looks like this one: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8254-8

#16 9 years ago

Pinball resource would have the correct ones(albeit, no artwork)

http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm

Way dorn the page is the Bally stuff.
Bally Replacement Trim Rings Amber
'Blank' Bally's Replacement Caps Color: Amber

Scan the artwork from your old cap and make your own decal for a blank one.

#17 9 years ago

Huh yeah I see that, marco has them too among others. Now that I have it out of the bag on the desk here it does appear to be some kind of black heat attached label on there.

That may be an option if I could find someone to do the sticker. I have almost no equipment here for any of this stuff. I guess I'd just have to figure out how much of the pop bumper assembly would have to be replaced to re attach this thing.

Good idea. I wish I had realized before it was a sticker.

#18 9 years ago

The original Bally artwork cap had the graphics hot stamped or silk screened onto them.

#19 9 years ago

Hmm that won't be so easy to replicate to that extreme.

I'm guessing looking at it as I unscrewed it earlier as I've never torn one of these down before. I think I'd need to replace that piece of plastic the light bulb is nested into which appears to be held with 2 screws down to the other part of it flush with the play field. If that's correct, then I see no issue getting the original plastic cup there along with the ring and cap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-gold-ball-assembly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.