(Topic ID: 239053)

Bally Gator Scoring Problem

By LaGattaDJ

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm getting there on all the small problems, however, this one has got me stumped. I figure it should be an easy fix since it's such a consistent problem and from what I'm gathering, a consistent problem for a long time. Let me explain:

The pin is scoring ten times the point value for any and all targets. If a 100 point target is hit, it scores 1000, if a 50 point target is hit it scores 500 and so on. I figure this must have been a problem with this machine for a long time because one of the previous owners painted zeros to the play-field. Meaning, the factory paint say "100" but a previous owner added a hand painted "0" to make it look like it should be 1000, this is consistent all across the play-field.

Also, this is happening with all players, 1-4.

I'm hoping someone can give me a hint on where to start.

Thanks,

Dave

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from LaGattaDJ:

The pin is scoring ten times the point value for any and all targets

Is it one of the those deals where the 3-5 ball adj. affects scores?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Is it one of the those deals where the 3-5 ball adj. affects scores?

Nope, just checked, same behavior on either 3 or 5 ball.

#4 5 years ago

Problem solved. Very silly mistake on my part. At one time someone added a dummy score reel for the 1’s column. Scraped backglass to make an opening to see it. The previous owner let me know through text message. Boy do I feel silly. Oh well, live and learn.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from LaGattaDJ:

Oh well, live and learn.

Indeed! Please check as 'resolved.'

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-gator-scoring-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.