5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LaGattaDJ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F5DE7EA7-626B-417C-97BA-DD07E995F433 (resized).jpeg
    351D95CD-4A73-46FC-B9E7-9E1443E2D339 (resized).jpeg
    39A2B6D8-5324-43DD-875D-A763DCA9BB13 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Please be kind as this is my first pin I’ve worked on. I, just today acquired a Bally Gator which has a problem with the outhole. The solenoid will not activate when a ball is sitting in the hole. I can though manually hit then ball return relay and it will kick the ball out. It’s almost as if the machine is not sensing there is a ball waiting in the hole to be kicked out. I’ve taken some pictures of the switch and it seems there are two wires missing from it with no apparent cut wires anywhere that need to be reconnected. It’s my guess these wires activate the solenoid when a ball is present If you don’t mind, take a look and tell me what you think.

Also, when i hit the micro-switch in the pathway the ball will kick. Forgive me using the wrong terminology, i’m New. See picture of that as well.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Dave.

351D95CD-4A73-46FC-B9E7-9E1443E2D339 (resized).jpeg351D95CD-4A73-46FC-B9E7-9E1443E2D339 (resized).jpeg39A2B6D8-5324-43DD-875D-A763DCA9BB13 (resized).jpeg39A2B6D8-5324-43DD-875D-A763DCA9BB13 (resized).jpegF5DE7EA7-626B-417C-97BA-DD07E995F433 (resized).jpegF5DE7EA7-626B-417C-97BA-DD07E995F433 (resized).jpeg
    #2 5 years ago

You can use the schematic to figure out where the cut wires lead to. But, I could only find one outhole switch listed on the schematic at position F19. The schematic shows a white/blue wire and black/red wire connected to the outhole switch. They might have substituted wire colors. Can't tell from the photos - can you see the wire colors for the cut wires? They look to be yellow/brown or yellow/orange.

#3 5 years ago

Hey Fred, thanks for the response. I just came up from the basement now and checked this thread. I’m happy to report the problem has been fixed, it was in the score motor. A switch that was supposed to be NC was open and one that needed to be NO was gapped way to far to make contact. Also the switch in the first bank of switches in the score motor was gapped wat too far open to stop the motor from turning on time. After adjusting these a whole host of problems disappeared. Out hole works, player step up works and the ball count as well! It’s wild that three switches out of adjustment can cause such havoc.

Again, thanks for the response.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-gator-out-hole-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.