Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

99783FA1-3775-4790-A5BD-21CCCED93D8E (resized).jpeg
0E3223E5-EABC-4955-B1A5-CAC1719D94DB (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

I just had this same issue and it took me a month to figure it out but here goes...

The switch that’s by itself at the far end of the cam that engaged a slot in the disc is one of the Index switches. That Switch must be perfectly set to open at the end of a rotation. Is that happening or is the cam traveling just a bit too far before it tried to stop? The issue I had was that there was too much play in the many plastic links that make up the cam on that reset motor so at the last switch, there was about a 1/16” of play or slack and a such that index switch at the end ended up rolling into the gap where it opens up ( and the cam should stop) but the cam rolled another couple degrees and the switch edge slides up the backside of the notch and closes again thereby providing power to the cam motor and restarting another rotation - endlessly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-gator-keeps-reseting-?tu=Dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.