Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hawk007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi i just bought a Bally Game Show my first pin, worked great for about a month but today it stopped working during play said pinball missing.(it was not)
I shut it off and now it won't boot, it powers up but nothing more i was reading here about it being possibly batteries that need to be replaced?
i can't find where they are, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Here is a video of what's happening.

#2 3 years ago

You need to start by removing the backglass. Whoever sold it to you, should have given you a key to unlock the backglass. Once unlocked you need to slide the glass up to remove it. This site has a lot of folks to help you, but pinball machines are very complicated to work on. Be prepared to be overwhelmed but be patient and you might be able to fix it without hiring a pin repair man.

Side note, I can almost 100% guarantee your issue has nothing to do with dead batteries. It may have to do with really old batteries that leaked gas and damaged the main board. I hope that isn’t the case.

Once you open up the back and get to the boards, read this Link below and start to diagnose the boot cycles and where it is stopping. You have a system 11c.

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index2.htm#cpuled

#3 3 years ago

Hi i tried the memory chip test with the switch button SW2 on the left side of the CPU board.
The left LED is the only one lit up and the same led stays the same during the test,

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from NewbieOwner:

Hi i tried the memory chip test with the switch button SW2 on the left side of the CPU board.
The left LED is the only one lit up and the same led stays the same during the test,

You definitely have an issue with tripe main board. I am not good at diagnosing these things via Pinside threads. There are many others here that are.

Did you look and see if the batteries are leaking. If the board is damaged from batteries, you may be in bad shape.

Here is your worst case scenario. Replacement board.

https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-mpu011c-for-williams-system-11c.html

#5 3 years ago

Check power supply voltages and also look for blown fuses on it.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Check power supply voltages and also look for blown fuses on it.

Agreed check the power supply and fuses, if the power is good, focus on troubleshooting the main mpu/driver board.

#7 3 years ago

No blown fuses

#8 3 years ago

Do you have and can you use a digital multimeter? Check the power supply test points. Or at the power in connector on the cpu. Batteries are in the middle of the main board if it has them still. Hopfully its had them removed and nvram added.
Can always post a picture of the boards and it may tell the tale.
Should be something simple unless there is prior acid damage or current ongoing acid damage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Powell, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-game-show-not-booting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.