(Topic ID: 212978)

Bally Game Show - Flashers stuck on

By SilverUnicorn

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I shopped out a Bally Game show pin a long time ago and it has been sitting for a while now because when it was re-assembled, it had an issue with 2 flashers being stuck on. I have come back to this and want to get it working again. Any idea what would cause this? Maybe as simple as an incorrectly plugged in connector?

The noise after the adjust failure is cleared is the left slingshot firing. I believe that is unrelated (but still not sure why it did that)

Here is a short video of the issue. The machine will play after boot up but I don't want to leave it on like it is.

#2 6 years ago

I can’t follow what the problem is from that video, all I hear is a kickergoing off and it looks like you have no batteries in the machine so it’s going into factory settings due to it.

#3 6 years ago

The issue is that the lower roght backbox flasher and the upper right playfield flasher are stuck on once the game boots. The adjust failure and kicker issue are seperate. At the end of the video is where the flashers are stuck on.

From this point (you can see the 2 flasher bulbs stuck on and they blink twice when the game boot is completed):

Chris

#4 6 years ago

Through some helpful advice, found that Transistor Q25 was bad. Hope to have it repaired tomorrow.

Chris

#5 6 years ago

Did the bad transistor fix it?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Did the bad transistor fix it?

Yes, sorry I forgot to reply. The Transistor (TIP-102) at Q25 corrected the flasher problem.

With the fixed, I could let the game boot and play. Now to tackle the GI and sound issues, but that's another story......

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Powell, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-game-show-flashers-stuck-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.