• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinphila
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GameShow Lampboard.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinphila.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a ball game show and I'm trying to fix the chaser lights. They work but are very dim. I reflowed solder on the light board connections.

Thoughts?

#5 6 years ago

I will check the voltages and report back.

#8 6 years ago

Tha

Quoted from pacmanretro:Pinphila, just saw this other thread. It's about totally out lights, but I quickly scanned over it and it looked like some others have already mentioned some great info of things to check voltages and where, connectors, caps, rectifiers, etc)
Hopefully it could help you too!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-game-show-chaser-lamps-not-working

Thank you! I searched but couldn't locate any others. I'll report back

#9 6 years ago

Update - 5v is coming in at j5 and j3. Onviously, the more bulbs I remove from the light board, the brighter they get. I will check the voltages at the light boards connection next.

#10 6 years ago

bump?

#13 6 years ago

Thanks guys. I checked the bridge and it's ok. I'll check the connectors again and reflow some solder

#14 6 years ago

Well, lesson learned. Even though bridge checkout ok, it wasnt. Replaced the bridge rectifier on the chase board and all is well.
Just wanted to circle back and leave the results in case anyone else has the problem.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Super glad you figured it out!
Just curious...were you trying to measure the bridge "in circuit"? If so, how did it measure when you removed it vs. In circuit?

I did test it in circuit at first. I just trashed the old one however now I’m curious so I’ll pull that from trash and test

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Cool. I was just curious if it could have been a bad solder joint on it (don't remember if you said you reflowed the solder on that component), or possibly was just reading different when in circuit. May be useful info for future people.
Thanks!

I did reflow the solder on the bridge but that didnt help it. Im 99% positive the bridge tested ok but maybe I missed something. Well, at least it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinphila.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-game-show-chaser-lights-dim?tu=pinphila and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.