• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinphila
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GameShow Lampboard.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Can you check voltage when not under load?

#6 6 years ago

Be sure to check connector pins/sockets for burnt up ones or bad solder joints etc. As well.

Possibility of a poor connection causing high resistance/lower voltage to bulbs.

#7 6 years ago

Pinphila, just saw this other thread. It's about totally out lights, but I quickly scanned over it and it looked like some others have already mentioned some great info of things to check voltages and where, connectors, caps, rectifiers, etc)

Hopefully it could help you too!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-game-show-chaser-lamps-not-working

#12 6 years ago

In general, Some voltage but lack of current without a specific bad socket or anything sounds like a connection (cold or broken solder joint/burnt or corroded connector/corroded or loose fuse or fuse holder/poorly crimped wire/etc), or a direct issue on power circuit.

So yes, definitely check careful for all that front side of board and back!) definitely check bridge as zaza is saying (possible bad solder on bridge), and check out any electrolytic capacitors on there (thought were a couple off hand, but at least that bigger one on board-could be questionable).

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Well, lesson learned. Even though bridge checkout ok, it wasnt. Replaced the bridge rectifier on the chase board and all is well.
Just wanted to circle back and leave the results in case anyone else has the problem.

Super glad you figured it out!

Just curious...were you trying to measure the bridge "in circuit"? If so, how did it measure when you removed it vs. In circuit?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I did test it in circuit at first. I just trashed the old one however now I’m curious so I’ll pull that from trash and test

Cool. I was just curious if it could have been a bad solder joint on it (don't remember if you said you reflowed the solder on that component), or possibly was just reading different when in circuit. May be useful info for future people.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-game-show-chaser-lights-dim?tu=pacmanretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.