(Topic ID: 225186)

Bally Future Spa - How to add Ball Save?!

By ArcadeBar

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ArcadeBar
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9413 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to admin the Future Spa settings to set the Ball Save feature when plunging?
It has the "Shoot Again" lights on the playfield and backglass, and they work when you successfully achieve the Free Ball target...but there has to be a way to set the Ball Save feature for X amount of seconds off the first shot of every ball?! We just got the machine and it can be Brutal off the bat, this feature would be Huge.
Thanks for any advise!

IMG_9413 (resized).jpgIMG_9413 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Hadn't been invented when this game came out.

#3 5 years ago

Score zero points then drain...

#4 5 years ago

I would replace the color gi bulbs with white LEDs. It will allow you to see the ball better and will make playing easier.

#5 5 years ago

If no points are scored you shoot again. Some games are made so it's impossible to score no points. On future spa the only way to trigger 0 points is to hit the ball softly so it comes down through the spinner without registering a spin and drain down the middle.

As for x seconds minimum, we had an expression at Bally for last second feature requests, "hand him the disk!".

#6 5 years ago

I dont own this game but own two other Ballys of similar era, if you think this through there is really no way the game could do this. It has no way of knowing when you plunge the ball.....

I dont think you can do this even with modification to add switches etc, without reprogramming the entire game- unless you built a small circuit that operated entirely independtly of the game and used some invented mechanical means of diverting a drain to feed the plunger and had a timer with a plunge detect. Otherwise your basically reprogramming and rewiring the enitre game to accomplish this. Forget about it!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I dont own this game but own two other Ballys of similar era, if you think this through there is really no way the game could do this. It has no way of knowing when you plunge the ball.....

Most games don't start the ball save until you validate the playfield, not based on plunge. It could easily be added to existing games with some minor rom hacking

#8 5 years ago

Good point...

Now about that easy ROM hacking step...

At any rate- for the OP your answer was clear from the first response. Sorry- would be cool

#9 5 years ago

Thanks for all the input and clarification...and losing me in the rom hacking!
We have a 1979 Buck Rogers that could also be brutal then we found the ball save feature that you could add X amount of seconds in and it allowed the “Shoot Again” feature and lights to perform this kind gesture. So was hoping this was possible in FS.
But after reading some of your responses about ‘this era’ I guess it must be the Ni-Wumph MPU board in Buck that graced us with this upgrade option.
Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-future-spa-how-to-add-ball-save and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.