frontier_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_2069 (resized).JPG
IMG_2061 (resized).JPG
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
IMG_2066 (resized).JPG
IMG_2063 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 7 years ago

There is a place in LA that will do a 300dpi scan for $127 plus tax or 600dpi for $223 plus tax.

#52 7 years ago

Here is a before and after clear. Notice how my brush skills look no better than a third grader. However, after the clear they disappear.

Before:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

After:

#53 7 years ago

More progress on the mountain lion.

#54 7 years ago

This game is going to look fantastic!!! Thanks for posting the progress...Love it so far.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

There is a place in LA that will do a 300dpi scan for $127 plus tax or 600dpi for $223 plus tax.

I have a $50 donation on the 600dpi scan.

Anyone else want in?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Here is a before and after clear. Notice how my brush skills look no better than a third grader. However, after the clear they disappear.
Before:
image_(resized).jpeg
After:
image_(resized).jpeg

Put light behind it. I am not sure you will be happy. They have to be perfect especially with light behind it. The black has got to be spot on.

#57 7 years ago

Man, this is really making me jones hard for a Frontier. Awesome artwork, by the way. I have never seen one in person or played one. I know I like it. Can't wait to see it all done !!!!!

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Put light behind it. I am not sure you will be happy. They have to be perfect especially with light behind it. The black has got to be spot on.

Did all the touch ups on a light board. We are good.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a $50 donation on the 600dpi scan.
Anyone else want in?

I'll up mine to $30

#60 7 years ago

I don't recall where I got it from, so I apologize if it was originally another Pinside member's, but I have a 3037 x 6300 pixel scan of Frontier's playfield, I think that works out to 150 PPI. If anyone needs it before a really good Cruse scan is made, let me know & I'll throw it up on Mediafire & post a link.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I don't recall where I got it from, so I apologize if it was originally another Pinside member's, but I have a 3037 x 6300 pixel scan of Frontier's playfield, I think that works out to 150 PPI. If anyone needs it before a really good Cruse scan is made, let me know & I'll throw it up on Mediafire & post a link.

Yes please.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'll up mine to $30

That puts us at $80 donation promise on the scan.

Think of it this way folks... This could be one of the few opportunities to get a high quality scan of a super nice pf for Frontier.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Yes please

#64 7 years ago

Here's a link to download that playfield image, hopefully it will be of some use.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/i0eca1soxmh7j73/Frontier150DPI.png#

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Here's a link to download that playfield image, hopefully it will be of some use.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/i0eca1soxmh7j73/Frontier150DPI.png#

That is awesome...we really need to set up a system where we can collectively submit material like this to share amongst ourselves...It would be great to have a large data base of scans for cab decals and playfield waterslides...

#66 7 years ago

Thanks to Jady and his design on Shapeways my shrouds arrived today and they look awesome.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

That is awesome...we really need to set up a system where we can collectively submit material like this to share amongst ourselves...It would be great to have a large data base of scans for cab decals and playfield waterslides...

Tell me about it. I make virtual pinball models for the 3dArcade MAME frontend, and the best cabinet images I'm ever able to get are from taking high-res photos of pins at Allentown. I would kill for a database of good cabinet artwork scans.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This has been tried before. People like Rick (and previously Wayne, I think) who pay money to use those assets don't like it.

#69 7 years ago

I agree it would be tough to make a database like that happen. The loophole although potentially controversial would be for the purpose of art.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This has been tried before. People like Rick (and previously Wayne, I think) who pay money to use those assets don't like it.

Too damn bad!

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

there are ways around it. Most notably the fact that everyone can claim they are using the images just as digital art. So long as all images are free and no money being made then it really is "to damn bad!" for Rick the .....

#72 7 years ago

Could just store all the assets at VPForums. Nobody seems to care about any of the IP infringement going on over there.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

IP infringement going on over there.

sharing electronic art files with NO profit or exchange of money for the actual files and used for artistic purposes would be hard pressed to be considered IP infringement.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sharing electronic art files with NO profit or exchange of money for the actual files and used for artistic purposes would be hard pressed to be considered IP infringement.

which makes it a viable place to store files, there are already a ton of files there already

#75 7 years ago

Kiwi Terry will be at Coast Airbrush in Anaheim today-Sun doing a demonstration. I believe he will be airbrushing a manickin. It is definitely worth the visit if you live here locally. Unfortunately, it means frontier is on hold for this weekend.

My attention has been turned to cleaning everything and preparing for polishing and coating.

Parts have been ordered and should be getting them early next week.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Unfortunately, it means frontier is on hold for this weekend.
My attention has been turned to cleaning everything and preparing for polishing and coating.
Parts have been ordered and should be getting them early next week.

Nothing wrong with that....seeing any kind of progress is awesome to see

#77 7 years ago

Here is the finished mountain lion unmasked.

#78 7 years ago

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!

#79 7 years ago

Another art update.

#80 7 years ago

You're going to have the nicest Frontier on the planet when this project is complete

#81 7 years ago

That is amazing for airbrush work! Going to be incredible.

#82 7 years ago

I am beginning to hate you

#83 7 years ago

That bear is going to look vicious!

#84 7 years ago

Better man than me... I would have made decals... If the art ever got nicked or scratched I would puke

#85 7 years ago

Very talented, great work!

#86 7 years ago

Thanks. Kiwi Terry is so fun to watch work.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Better man than me... I would have made decals... If the art ever got nicked or scratched I would puke

None of this project makes sense.
My first restore was Harlem. I didn't want anything to happen to it and use to cringe when I heard a slap save. The worry just caused me the kind of stress I don't need. I'm over it for the most part (still can't stand a drink on the glass). Now it's slap away.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Now it's slap away.

A reformed Burkard... I had no idea.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from jay:

A reformed Burkard... I had no idea.

You and Brent have trained me well!

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

You and Brent have trained me well!

Brent is the Yoda of game smacking... to be mentioned in the same breath is an honour and a privilege.

#90 7 years ago

Another step in the process. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#91 7 years ago

I would say fantastic, but I would be doing an injustice to the bear

#92 7 years ago

I always like how airbrushing is about pushing and pulling colors to create detail. Here is an example around the mouth.

#93 7 years ago

Color sanded the playfield And buffed it today. First time through didn't get rid of all the fine line scratches and orange peel. I will do a little more sanding this weekend.

#94 7 years ago

Are you planning at all on scanning the PF?, I know of several fellows that would benefit greatly

so stunned by the attention to detail, again... Great Work!!!

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Color sanded the playfield And buffed it today. First time through didn't get rid of all the fine line scratches and orange peel. I will do a little more sanding this weekend.

I bet if you'd sanded with proper hand-mind coordination those scratches would have vanished.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bet if you'd sanded with proper hand-mind coordination those scratches would have vanished.

We all know I lack eye, mind, hand coordination.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Are you planning at all on scanning the PF?, I know of several fellows that would benefit greatly
so stunned by the attention to detail, again... Great Work!!!

Looks like the fundraising didn't work. I have an hp scanner I can stitch together.

#97 7 years ago

This is incredible

#98 7 years ago

Dang it. I repainted my cabinet back to factory and now I want an airbrushed , Grizzly bear on my cab.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

We all know I lack eye, mind, hand coordination.

Looks like the fundraising didn't work. I have an hp scanner I can stitch together.

I can help with the stitching if you can get raw 600 dpi scans.

#100 7 years ago

Here is the finished bear. Yikes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-frontier-restoration-and-custom-artwork/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.