Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pebceb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

This is driving me mad. When the ball rolls through the C lane it causes a tilt. It seems to be the switch that is causing it. It used to be intermittent but now I can't get it to stop tilting. I don't use tilt at all so is there some way to permanently disable it? Otherwise, how do I get the switch properly aligned? Is the bottom most blade supposed to touch the center blade? Is it supposed to move it away for it when the top blade touches the bottom blade. I can't really tell looking at the other lane switches. If I replace it do the switches come already aligned? Anyone know what this switch is called when ordering one? Could it be the diode on the switch?

Any help appreciated.

Peter

#2 6 years ago

replacing a switch isn't necessary if it will register. It's just about adjusting the switch so it opens or closes when it should. I don't have the schematics to look at it.. but ghost switches like this tend to be diode problems or on bally games, a bad capacity on the switch can cause it to register closed when it shouldn't. Look at your tilt switch and see if they have capacitors... you can try removing the one capacitor leg and see if that stops it.. but that doesn't explain why the rollover triggers it.

Start with.. looking for shorts. Check for failed switch caps on the offending tilt switches.. look for bad diodes in that switch row/column.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the answer. All of the regular tilt switches are disabled. Someone told me once that the C lane switch is in the tilt circuit.

#4 6 years ago

Check in the door, your Coin slot switches. I had same problem with a 6millon dollar man, ball would go thru out lane and game would tilt.
One of the coins slot switch's was stuck down in the on position, and the combination of both switch's triggered the tilt

#5 6 years ago

Anyone know where to get the schematics for this game? I have the operator's manual but can't seem to find a schematic anywhere. Thanks

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from pebceb:

Anyone know where to get the schematics for this game? I have the operator's manual but can't seem to find a schematic anywhere. Thanks

Pinball resource.

#7 6 years ago

So I seem to have it fixed now.

It was either the coin door switches (they didn't appear stuck but I worked them to make sure anyway) or the green disk capacitor on the tilt switch by the plum bob. I simply removed it. (See this pinside post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-elektra-tilt-problem#post-3361864). Have played quite safe games with no issues now.

Thanks for the advice.

Peter

#8 6 years ago

Meant to say "have played quite a few games."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-frontier-c-lane-switch-causing-tilt?hl=pebceb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.