Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by 2manypins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Recently picked up a freedom and having some start-up issues. Pressing the start button with a credit on the machine will just reset the targets but will not start a game or put a ball in the lane. No flippers or switch works. Basically the game is in game over mode.
I do not have a schematic for the game but I am kind of familiar with the major parts of it.
Could any of you give me any suggestions of what to look for? Thanks
I should also add when you push the credit button the score will not reset but I can manually hit a coil inside a machine to reset the score reels.

#2 3 years ago

The schematic and manual are on ipdb.org. The manual includes a description of the reset sequence.

It sounds like your Reset relay isn't firing long enough, or at all. Does it fire when you start a game?

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

Will check this afternoon when I get home. I know it doesn't reset the score Wheels when I press the credit button. Thanks

#4 3 years ago

Clean the reset and game over relays and now the game functions as it should. Thanks for your help!

#5 3 years ago

Was new the forum last week and learned that when a problem is fixed you can tag it as resolved by clicking on the checkbox at the top right of the forum thread. That way people looking to help can see that this problem has been fixed without reading through it.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from jodellus:

That way people looking to help can see that this problem has been fixed without reading through it.

But better still, can see what the fix was!!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from jodellus:

Was new the forum last week and learned that when a problem is fixed you can tag it as resolved by clicking on the checkbox at the top right of the forum thread. That way people looking to help can see that this problem has been fixed without reading through it.

Thanks for the heads up I did not know that.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

But better still, can see what the fix was!!

I can send a couple of pictures this afternoon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-freedom-start-up?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.