Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mercury
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BALLY_FREEDOM_PINBALL_MACHINE_1976_EM_07_fsek (resized).jpg
    1201743433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

Also is this a game for tournament play? Some say the awards are luck based instead of skill based.The wheel does spin randomly for its awards.

I don't think it makes a particularly good tournament game. Hot Tip's hole is more skill based, as you can bounce the ball to change the award, and it's easier to fall into. Most times you shoot up top you will fall in the hole, so it's only a matter of time before you get double bonus. Meanwhile you can play multiple games of Freedom without getting the lit spinners, for instance. Also, the most valuable thing in Hot Tip isn't the double bonus, it's lighting the spinner, which can't be done via the hole. Double bonus and light spinners on Freedom are only available via the hole. SS Hot Tip also awards double bonus off the drops, so it can be achieved skillfully.

Not to focus on Hot Tip too much, but it's a good example of the differences between the games. Many games have some amount of luck but it's always on a scale, and Freedom is pretty far to the luck side of it

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

The random wheel awards are superior to Fan-Tas-Tic because a) you don't have to wait for the roulette wheel to finish, b) they aren't insane-good like "triple bonus" and "advance to max", and c) you get the award you line up yourself... it isn't totally random if you're good.

Waiting for it to stop and nudging it in is the best part of that game!

Can't line up awards in Freedom either since the spinner changes it.

Fan-Tas-Tic would be much better if
    a) you collected your bonus 1x when you drained
    b) your end of ball bonus was multiplied by your star count

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Cradle ball, shoot right kickout, get award. Is line-uppable.

You mean the hole that goes right into the shooter lane?

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Getting three stars is also pretty darn rare

I rarely even get two :/ I've even considered locking the first star on just because.

I tried to mod it to do bonus count down once but I think it would have required like three other relays and many wiring changes. One relay added is about my limit

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hmmmmm. Now you've got me thinking. Disconnect the bonus unit reset coil from the outhole switch (so it doesn't reset when outhole relay engages). Then jump the bonus score on the wheel to... ok... maybe I need to do this.

Send me your notes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-freedom-em-opinions-appreciated?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.