Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mercury
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BALLY_FREEDOM_PINBALL_MACHINE_1976_EM_07_fsek (resized).jpg
    1201743433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicoVolta.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Naturally I like the prototype version, because it's my favorite EM! I think the luck/skill factors are pretty well balanced, though Zac may have a point with Hot Tip. I need more time to compare those two.

Anyway, Freedom is from Bally's "awesomest era". Big backglasses, DC power, fast gameplay, and pretty good rules too. The regular production version isn't quite as satisfying to me because the shots are more V-shaped than the figure-eight prototype... but still quite enjoyable.

The random wheel awards are superior to Fan-Tas-Tic because a) you don't have to wait for the roulette wheel to finish, b) they aren't insane-good like "triple bonus" and "advance to max", and c) you get the award you line up yourself... it isn't totally random if you're good.

Fan-Tas-Tic is terrible for tournaments but beginners LOVE IT. I think Freedom is a good tourney game too. Feels great to roll it over twice... something I've only done once, and barely at that.

I like it. Bally was surging strong during this period through their 1981 peak.

#6 5 years ago

Cradle ball, shoot right kickout, get award. Is line-uppable.

#7 5 years ago

And yeah, NO BONUS on Fan-Tas-Tic is mean as hell. Getting three stars is also pretty darn rare. That game is all over the place... but also why it is so goofy and fun with friends.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

You mean the hole that goes right into the shooter lane?

Well, yeah... it is tricky, but doable! I'm with you on the nudge/score technique at the top. Fun to get just the right bounce before cashing it in.

Quoted from zacaj:

I rarely even get two :/ I've even considered locking the first star on just because.
    I tried to mod it to do bonus count down once but I think it would have required like three other relays and many wiring changes. One relay added is about my limit

Hmmmmm. Now you've got me thinking. Disconnect the bonus unit reset coil from the outhole switch (so it doesn't reset when outhole relay engages). Then jump the bonus score on the wheel to... ok... maybe I need to do this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicoVolta.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-freedom-em-opinions-appreciated?tu=NicoVolta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.