4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Freedom Ball In Play lights (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

the ball count lamps are having issues working. I only have it on 3 ball play so those are the lamps of concern.
The sockets are all fine and i replaced them just in case. if i put led in those sockets, you can see them ghost and flash along with other backboard lamps so sockets are all ok.
Anyhow, sometimes ball 1 lamp will light, sometimes it wont. same for ball 3 lamp. Ball 2 lamp never works.
Same results with incandescent lamps which will remain in there when fixed. I was only using led to test the theory if sockets were having activity at all.

#2 4 years ago

The Ball In Play lights are controlled by a wiper (represented by the arrow below) on the Ball Count Unit.
Freedom Ball In Play lights (resized).jpgFreedom Ball In Play lights (resized).jpg
It could be that the wiper and/or the contact board is dirty or the wiper doesn't have enough tension on the contact board. The Game Over relay switch won't be the problem unless you have trouble with the Player Up lights too.

/Mark

#3 4 years ago

player up lamps are all fine, no issues.

#4 4 years ago

ball count unit bottom of cabinet correct? some labels are missing on this one. Is there a connector or relay switches somewhere that goes between ball count unit and the lamps? Just so i know whats all in line to check. score motor switches?

#5 4 years ago

I'd guess it's in the back box but I don't know. Use the wire colors from the schematic and the fact that it only takes 5 steps and resets to the beginning as clues. If it's in the cabinet there will be a jones plug to go through but there won't be any other switches.

#6 4 years ago

i cant tell exact wire colors from schematics as its blurry (the numbers) that associate color. i tried to make it out.

#7 4 years ago

all resolved. thx. made all wipers snug..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-freedom-ball-count-lamps-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.