Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201124_151400_HDR (resized).jpg
spanish eyes (resized).jpg
2679B625-A4E5-4A43-858F-2B7729DAFF5C (resized).jpeg
73FF21D9-59E1-4B6D-B7EF-3950A9AFB3AD (resized).jpeg
image-6 (resized).jpg
FBC80536-D7A6-4B11-9899-F295595D088B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicoVolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

Hey hey Freedom club! I'll contribute to this thread as soon as I get mine (prototype) set back up. I have to finish my pinball attic first... almost there.

RPM will also have a playable Freedom prototype on the floor. Maybe in 2021. Is this town big enough for two prototypes?!?

The Freedom prototype is my favorite EM, period. The gameplay is just so good! But I don't like the 2nd version at all. The geometry feels awkward; it wasn't supposed to use inlanes.

The prototype is Norm Clark's final, best, and only design to be produced on Bally hardware. That alone makes it special, but Freedom was also the first Bally commercial solid state game produced in quantity. Another first. A lot of boundaries were pushed and broken with this game. In fact it may be "the" signature crossover game from old school design to modern gameplay and solid state tech. A significant milestone in pinball for sure.

BTW, I have a conversion kit in the works. It will be a while but eventually it will happen (converts a 2nd edition Freedom to the original prototype). New playfield, middle pop, new plastics, and instructions. If you are interested, reply here and I'll check in as time progresses with some updates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicoVolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-freedom-?tu=NicoVolta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.