• Latest reply 12 days ago by Grefla
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
188b37aa37b93cace37e0983bf7762d8c518070d (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

An option I’ve used is to set one of the replay settings to something really low .. like 10k so most people will win a free game. Also leave the match setting on to make up for the couple that don’t make the free play mark. I did this on an eight Ball at SFGE and it lasted for the whole show without adding credits

This is the easiest solution, if you have working batteries or NVRAM in the game. The only thing that stinks is that on -17 games, the score increases sooooo slowly to come back around to "0". On -35 games, it's not that bad.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

PinWiki also says that Free Play ROMs are available for all Bally/Stern SS games, has anyone ever tried that?

I have tried them when repairing a game. They work but using them assumes that you have an original board in the game (or a newer Weebly board that uses original rom sockets) and the ability to burn those roms correctly AND properly jumping the MPU AND that the DIPS on the MPU are working properly. It's a lot to take in for people that are just getting their feet wet, not well versed in MPU work.

#11 4 years ago

Absolute pain in the ass to add switches on a machine where they were not meant to be. Easiest solution is to press the coin door button and set replay low. Takes 90 seconds. Earn a replay with the second and third scores, nothing changes. Points 2-4 above hold true for this solution and it's also faster. With most games I work on the customer doesn't even want the knocker to go off at all and they ask me to disconnect it or, it's already disconnected.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

It really is pretty easy. You are only stacking one leaf switch to a already existing leaf switch. Then moving 2 wires (which does require soldering.)
This era Bally has the start button on the door- makes it fairly simple. No drilling, no additional wires.
It does take a little experience in wires and soldering, this might be a great time to learn if you want too.

I have done it more than 50 times both ways. I’ve been fixing games for 20 years. Trust me, changing Replay is easier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-free-play?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.