• Latest reply 21 days ago by Grefla
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
188b37aa37b93cace37e0983bf7762d8c518070d (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryan1234.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I seem to remember a solution for adding another leaf switch to the start button and wiring it to the coin-in switch wires so that every time you press start it also adds a credit.

^^^^ this works perfectly.
1. No need to change the replay value (changing the replay low makes the knocker go off- it is more fun to earn the knock)
2. Very cheap (no expensive new board or chip replacement)
3. Totally reversible and easy to install.
4. Fool proof option- works every time.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Absolute pain in the ass to add switches on a machine where they were not meant to be.

It really is pretty easy. You are only stacking one leaf switch to a already existing leaf switch. Then moving 2 wires (which does require soldering.)
This era Bally has the start button on the door- makes it fairly simple. No drilling, no additional wires.
It does take a little experience in wires and soldering, this might be a great time to learn if you want too.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

It really is pretty easy. You are only stacking one leaf switch to a already existing leaf switch. Then moving 2 wires (which does require soldering.)
This era Bally has the start button on the door- makes it fairly simple. No drilling, no additional wires.
It does take a little experience in wires and soldering, this might be a great time to learn if you need/want too.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

I assume both leaf switches are normally open and the first contact is the credit set of contacts?

Yes- or if you get a switch with the white plastic nub on it- you can adjust the so they contact at the same time.
I really like the looks of the above switch also(never tried one like that)
I just used some old leaf switches from old parts that I had laying around.

#20 4 years ago

Double post on accident.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have done it more than 50 times both ways. I’ve been fixing games for 20 years. Trust me, changing Replay is easier.

Totally agree!!!- changing replay is way easier!!!
But....... the OP made it pretty clear in the ORIGINAL post that he did not want the option of lowering the replay.
So, using your 20 years experience, what would your best solution be for the OP’s original problem? (Please, try very hard to remember- lowering the replay is NOT a answer to his question)

PS- the replay knocker has a long history in pinball and is such a fun feature to hear and earn. It is sad that you disconnect or don’t fix them for your customers. I understand if the customer asks to disable it- but I wonder if it wasn’t going off all the time because of your minimal effort of lowering the replay, that they may enjoy the thrill of hearing the game knock for a skilled player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

£ 195.00
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryan1234.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-free-play?tu=ryan1234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.