Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by tatman9999
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

thinking of trading my mm and cv for 3 stern pins and $2000. The stern pins are potc with gold package, lotr huo with topper,fg huo with topper. Is this a good trade? Cv I don't mind getting rid of after2 or 3 games it gives me a headache the light are to crazy. Thanks

#2 13 years ago

Do it. I think Lord of the Rings alone makes the trade worth it. I'm not a big CV fan, but getting those three games in return is a no-brainer. I'd probably sell the POTC and try to replace it with a TSPP or a nice Bally or WMS game or something like that down the line.

#3 13 years ago

Didn't you already own a LOTR? I personally wouldn't get rid of the MM. Especially one in as good a condition as yours. But if you don't like the CV, trade it for one of the other pins you like.

#4 13 years ago

Pirates and Family Guy have a very low replay factor in my opinion. I don't think this is a very good deal at all. If it were me I would look into trading the CV for LoTR and hold onto the MM.

#5 13 years ago

Oh wait, I didn't see the MM tucked in there. Never miiiiiind, that changes everything. Ok, so I'd not let go of the MM, but dump that CV!

#6 13 years ago

Me personally I wouldnt do it. LOTRs is the only one worth getting out of those 3. I not a fan on FG and POTC is an ok game but not close to the level of MM and CV. But thats just me. O and tatman I would like to still come and check out the pins when you are avalible. I would really like to play MM and CV before you get rid of them. And you can come check out my pins when ever, just let me know. I should have my leds for my Whirlwind tomorrow.

#7 13 years ago

You could get 2-3 stern pins and 2k for the MM alone - seems like a bad trade to me. I'd take a LOTR's but not really interested in POTC or FG.

Id trade the CV for the LOTR - plus $500 from other guy

I thought you had a LOTRs also - if you have 2 I'll take one

#8 13 years ago

I would never make that deal. POTC and FG are snoozers. LOTR is great, but it isn't even worth a straight up trade for CV alone (presuming it is a nice CV). The MM shouldn't even be in the discussion.

#9 13 years ago

I would sell them outright without making the trade. Then you can pick out the pins you really like plus have some extra mad money burning in your pocket.

#10 13 years ago

I had a lotr le I traded it to get the mm. I miss the lotr I only had it 4 weeks. I'm thinking of just getting the lotr . I can't play cv to long the lights are crazy. I have another deal my huo cv+1500 for a nice huo afm.
    Goughs417 you cAn stop by this Friday night if you want my wife is going to Bon novi concert at solderfield. Or any night after 6:30 pm. I want to check out your pins to.

#11 13 years ago

tatman trade cv for afm....thats the only good choice.

#12 13 years ago

now that you've had MM for awhile does it just not having the staying power you thought?

#13 13 years ago

It's a good pin it has staying power. Little over priced. I think spiderman is better to me.it's alot of money to have tied up in one pin.I have $8000 + about $600 in mods . I could have 3 once pins for the price of this one.

#14 13 years ago

I agree tatman, I would rather have $9000 in 3 or 4 good pins then all in 1 pin, not matter what pin it was. MORE PINS THE BETTER! I say.

#15 13 years ago

I would not pay $8000 for MM,especially since I think the newer Sterns Like SM and LOTR are more fun. On the other hand if I had a MM I would think Twice before selling it.

#16 13 years ago

I like lotr and potc never plAyed fg.I have 4 teenage boys they like family guy show. They only play the stern games that I have bdk,spiderman,iron man. They don't care for mm. I have an opening that fits 6 pins with 24" left . If I take the two willams pins out and put three more sterns. I can fit 6 sterns and 1 willams so I can have 7 pins in this opening now.

#17 13 years ago

You may find that wedging the pins that close together might be uncomfortable to play with another person on the machine next to you. Especially if they have "Jazz Hands"

#18 13 years ago

Originally posted by SealClubber:

"You may find that wedging the pins that close together might be uncomfortable to play with another person on the machine next to you ..."

You bring up a good point, and I've often thought about this when planning out my game room. What do you guys think is the minimum amount of space needed between flipper buttons to ensure that adjacent players are comfortable?

#19 13 years ago

My personal preference is 10 inches between the buttons but I would say 8 at a minimum.

That doesn't sound too good does it?

#20 13 years ago

For me, MM isn't over rated, it's just overpriced. It's a fun game and all, but I don't think it's $5k or $6k fun. A good shape MM can fetch $6K. CV maybe $3,800? Round that to 10K

LOTR HUO - $3,500
    FGY HUO - $3,500
    POTC - $3,100

I honestly think your about $2K ahead in the deal. I happen to think that LOTR and FGY are FANTASTIC games. I own Family Guy, have for a few months and I continue to love it. Also, they didn't make very many and the word is they aren't going to make any more so you never know.

MM is a great game but over priced, CV is a good game but you have to appreciate the art to make it worth it. You could sell the POTC, take the $2K cash and have 2 great games and $5K to pick up the ones you want. I dunno, I'd do it.

After reading the posts it sounds like you have quite a bit into your MM, the question is are you ever going to get out of it what you put into it?

#21 13 years ago

I am going to make the trade Saturday. Mm is good but for what it cost. The other pins I am getting are just as fun to me. I will have 6 sterns sm,bdk,im,potc,lotr,fgy. And 3 ballys
    Monster bash,sttng,scared stiff. I have a guns and roses to.I think I will get what I have in the mm. I think the 3 new sterns will get more plays then mm and cv. Cv never gets played. If I had the room and only 4k in mm I would keep it. All mm is to people is I have a mm . Not worth the $ to me . I like spiderman and iron man better.

#22 13 years ago

I wouldn't do it. I would sell the MM and from that buy 2 really great pins of your choosing. Oh, I just saw you decided to do it. Wow you have a great collection must be fun to have such a variety!!! Hope the trade works out for you well.. I agree with you strictly on a playing standpoint I would choose Spiderman above all the others including MM.

#23 13 years ago

Spiderman is my fav.pin. Mm is about my 5th.

#24 13 years ago

I'd take that trade in a second! LOTR is Stern's MM and is a better game in many ways. FGY is also great! I'm not that big of a POTC fan, but you can always sell or trade that game off later if you wanted to? I think you come a little ahead in trade value too.

#25 13 years ago

I hope so. I think they will get played more. I have 4 teenage boys they love the sterns not the others. They have been asking me for fgy. Pirates is a pretty cool pin it has the backalley gold kit and add on on it.

#26 13 years ago

I wonder why? I guess they just don't identify with the licenses.

#27 13 years ago

I want a sttng one day for myself. Where do you rank it within your collection?

#28 13 years ago

I would rank sttng high 4 in my collection. I never get bored with it. Got final fronter 1 time it was the best multiball. I am not a big star trex fan. This pin won't be leaving anytime soon that's for sure.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-for-sterns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.