By Sea_Wolf

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8162FA12-FA98-4F19-B70A-71C9FCEA2C82 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I’m sure I’ll just go ahead and order the correct flipper coil for the left flipper on my abused child 1975 Bally Wizard but before I do I just wondered if the coil that the abuser installed was even an acceptable replacement. FWIW, the flipper assembly for the left flipper fell apart and was broken the first time I lifted the playfield.

I’ve got the flipper rebuild kit from PBR for both flippers but I’m going to wait until I get the proper coil.

The one on the right flipper is the one that the manual calls for AF-25 600 28-800.

Here’s a pic of the left replacement coil, AF-25 500 28-1000.

Thanks. Danny

8162FA12-FA98-4F19-B70A-71C9FCEA2C82 (resized).jpeg8162FA12-FA98-4F19-B70A-71C9FCEA2C82 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Went ahead and ordered the right one.

According to Marco Specialties the AF-25 500 28 1000 is compatible with: 3-IN-LINE 1963, ALLIGATOR, BALLY HOO (Bally 1969), BONGO, CAMELOT, CUE TEASE, DOGIES, FIREBALL, FOUR MILLION BC, GALAHAD, GATOR, GRAND TOUR, HAPPY TOUR, KING REX, MINI ZAG, ON BEAM, ROCKET III, ROCK MAKERS, SAFARI Flipper (1968), WIGGLER.

All way earlier than Wizard.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

25-600 and 25-500 refer to the gauge (25) and # of windings for the primary flip stroke. So, 25-500 has 100 less windings, making the 'flip' slightly stronger.
28-800 and 28-1000 refer to the gauge (28) and # of windings for the hold stroke. 28-800 would be stronger here.
It was likely 'fine' for a replacement, but I would have put the stronger coil on the right side so you can really rip the spinner.

Thanks for the info. I guess I’m going back to the original but I’ll hold onto the stronger coil in case someone needs it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-flipper-coil-question-?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.