9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone sell Bally linear flipper baseplates? Seems I can find almost everything else except the baseplates for this era game (Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mr. and Mrs. Pacman, etc.). Are they out there and I just can't find them? Action pinball sells used parts, but I can't find new. Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

I believe the baseplates are the exact same as before the Linear Design. Which is why people can retrofit the linear back to the plunger and link style with minimal parts. The early generation used smaller stop screws than the late model plates. But that just means you match the stop to the plate.

#3 9 years ago

I can't help you with your exact request, but I can say that I learned after rebuilding my Fathom's linear flippers that a lot of people aren't crazy about the design of the mechanism and decide to replace it entirely.

Here's a post in which Clay even talks about replacing with WPC flipper mechanisms.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-linear-flipper-modification

#4 9 years ago

if you add a picture or two I may have an extra set of used ones the I could part with

#5 9 years ago

Thanks, guys. I actually wound up finding a few on a random arcade supply site; N.O.S. at that. Was a ways into the google search results so I didn't see it initially. I think I am also going to go with the pre-linear rebuild as well since now my Centaur is acting up too.

#6 9 years ago

The only part you would need to source is the L bracket with the hole that the nyliner fits into. Everything else can either be bought new or taken from earlier mechs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-flipper-baseplates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.