• Latest reply 12 months ago by Knxwledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 12 months ago

Ironing out a couple issues with my Flip Flop. Could use some pointers on what to check. They seem like relatively easy problems but EMs arent my strong suit, although Im getting better.

A) Game kicks ball out after Game Over
B) Game will not start more than a one player game

Ive cleaned and lubed all stepper units except the Credit Unit which Ive jumpered/bypassed to give me free play, and checked the switch stacks on the Coin/Ball Count units.

#2 12 months ago

If the Credit button activates the Credit relay to reset the game but not to add a second player, check the adjustment of the limit switch on the Coin unit.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 12 months ago

On the game over relay, find the normally closed switch with the black & yellow-black wires connected. Inspect switch that it opens when the machine goes to game over and the game over relay trip coil fires. Adjust switch if needed.

#4 12 months ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the Credit button activates the Credit relay to reset the game but not to add a second player, check the adjustment of the limit switch on the Coin unit.
For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening
[quoted image]

Yeah i shoulda caught this. The limit switch was bent out of shape, likely from me taking the unit apart. I saw it but thought it was supposed to open on the first step, not the last step.

Quoted from pinballdaveh:

On the game over relay, find the normally closed switch with the black & yellow-black wires connected. Inspect switch that it opens when the machine goes to game over and the game over relay trip coil fires. Adjust switch if needed.

Game Over relay switches look good, the relay is tripping at game over. The game kicks the ball out but it does not continue to play (ie I cant score, keep advancing balls, etc)

#5 12 months ago

Messing around with the Game Over relay, and Ball Count unit seems to have made the ball kick issue go away but now I see a new problem. Game is only supposed to give me double bonus at last ball, but when on 5 ball game, its giving me double bonus on ball 3 and ball 5

#6 12 months ago

3rd and 5th ball double bonus is normal.

#7 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

3rd and 5th ball double bonus is normal.

Thanks. Game is tenatively working until I find some other little bug.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-flip-flop-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.