3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TomVila
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 4.03.56 PM (resized).png
    Flip Flop Extra Ball lights (resized).jpg
    Flip Flop Double Bonus (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hi All,

I would appreciate some help. I'm troubleshooting my flip-flop double bonus issue. Regular bonus counts down fine after you lose the ball. However on ball 3 & 5 the double bonus light comes on and counts up fine. When you lose the ball the double bonus countdown doesn't work correctly. The 1,000 point digit sputters and there is no 1,000 bell but the bonus counts down. It may only score 1,000 points.
    I'm looking at the schematic and can see where the ball count unit lights double bonus on ball 3 & 5.
    But I can't understand for the life of me the circuit that scores twice for each bonus during countdown. I'm figuring it's somewhere in the scoring motor.
    If someone could explain that circuit I would be greatly appreciative.
    Thanks

#2 3 years ago

These are the relevant parts of the schematic:
    Flip Flop Double Bonus (resized).jpgFlip Flop Double Bonus (resized).jpg
    Normally when the bonus is counting down there are two Score Motor switches (in red) that fire the 1000 point relay twice each time the Score Motor rotates 180 degrees until the Bonus reaches zero. On balls 3 and 5 two more Score Motor switches (in green) are added to the circuit to count the double bonus so the 1000 point relay can fire up to 4 times per 180 degree revolution.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

Beautiful!

Thanks Mark. I'll check this out tomorrow.

Appreciate your help.

Paul

#4 3 years ago

Mark,

That was it - after adjusting the first motor switch it was all working again.

Quick question - under normal play in this game, do the left and right hole "extra ball" lights stay on after you receive the extra ball (light at the bottom of the playfield)?

It's working fine I just don't know if the left and right hole extra ball lights are supposed to stay.

Thanks again,

Paul

#5 3 years ago

I don't know. The schematic shows that the lights come on once the Bonus Unit reaches 11 (presumably 11,000) and stay lit until the bonus drops below 11.
    Flip Flop Extra Ball lights (resized).jpgFlip Flop Extra Ball lights (resized).jpg
    So they probably stay lit until the the bonus counts down at the end of the ball.

#6 3 years ago

Yes, the EB lights will stay on until the end of the ball.

2 years later
    #7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apex:

Yes, the EB lights will stay on until the end of the ball.

To add to this response. 12B has a make break switch. The cam opens at a 180 degree and closes on the other 180 degree. This makes it act like an alternating relay switching the extra ball and alley lights from left side to right side on each turn of the motor. Since 500 points (odd number) are scored through the motor, the lights will not end up in the same position. This would take another 500 points to be scored (or other motor action).

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 4.03.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-19 at 4.03.56 PM (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-flip-flop-double-bonus-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.