• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 3.11.44 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 3.14.38 PM (resized).png

#1 8 days ago

I recently worked on a Flip Flop with an interesting observation regarding the Double Bonus. So, there are separate Instructions cards for Double Bonus given on Ball 3 and Ball 5 (last ball) and others for just Ball 5 (last ball). The logic on the schematic shows jumpers between the 3 and 5 Ball positions for the scoring and playfield light (see pictures). Here is where the story gets interesting. The game I worked on (mid run serial number in the 4000s), looked to be a normal production run. There were no jumpers between the Ball 3 and Ball 5 positions. A close inspection revealed no leads were EVER attached. The backside of the rivets on the Ball Count Unit disc were void of solder indicating no jumpers were ever installed. This made the game Double Bonus on the last ball ONLY with no way to adjust. There is no adjustment plug inside the game and no mention of an adjustment in the manual. I can almost see why a Double Bonus is not desired on both positions for a 5 Ball game since scoring can be super high (I got over 200k with just the last ball bonus). One problem with this is that should the game be placed in 3 Ball mode, you won't get any Double Bonus. This made for even more questioning why they game was produced this way... Anyone else have this on theirs?

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 3.11.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-23 at 3.14.38 PM (resized).png

#2 7 days ago

Been there, thought about the same thing... The game I worked on, had both double bonuses
work...
I believe the game should be set to three balls. The game is too easy to turn over on a five ball
setting. I was wanting to embed a jumper setting to remove the ball three double bonus.
This is the same problem Bally had with the extra ball feature..Their em games need an extra
memory relay to know that the ball has given an extra ball and not allow another till next BIP.

#3 7 days ago

I can only wonder that deadlines in creating the game were such that an incomplete testing period caused unforeseen circumstances such as super easy scoring or such an issues with the extra ball…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 9.95
Electronics
Pinballrom
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!