6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just got a Twin Win. The game has the same ribbed spinning disk as Fireball and Fireball Classic. The rubber on the disk seems old and dry, so it doesn't really have much grip to affect the ball. Is there some way to rejuvenate the rubber to make it more sticky? I would really like for it to fling the ball around a little more! I cleaned it off really good with some alcohol and made sure I didn't get any Novus or wax on it. That didn't seem to help. I don't want to get too crazy because I don't see new ones for sale!

#4 6 years ago

I used to have some of that rubber rejuvinator come to think of it. I have some of the Pinball Life rubber cleaner, but its not the same thing.

As for the printer stuff, this does look promising:
https://www.amazon.com/Max-Professional-2145-Rubber-Rejuvenator/dp/B00363M0TC

#6 6 years ago

I ordered some of this. Will report back this weekend.

http://a.co/35Tlwlk

#8 6 years ago

Ok, so I purchased the Rubber Renue that I linked above and it works well. First of all I will say that it is nasty stuff. I used gloves and had a huge cross ventilation through my gameroom to whisk the fumes outside. You don't want to breath this stuff and need to leave the game open for a day or two with a fan blowing on it!

Anyway, I had previously cleaned the disk with alcohol. I applied the rubber renue with a Q-tip and really scrubbed it into the top of the ridges where it would meet the ball. Then I let it dry without wiping and repeated two more times. The rubber is now noticeably a little softer and a little stickier. It definitely has an affect on game play and the ball moves a little more wildly. I used the word "little" a lot because I was hoping for more affect, but I was probably being unrealistic. So in summary, I am happy with the product and I think it had a positive affect without damaging the rubber. The rubber was definitely old and had a smooth glaze outer coat that needed treatment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
$ 10.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fireballtwin-win-spinning-disk-restore?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.