Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Oceans11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I can't get my score display to work. Other features on the display board are functioning and lights are all on, just nothing at score display. It is a 6 digit led display, a little different from most of what I've seen for displays.
DL 6830 of front of display. ON back, 76-42-B if that helps.

#2 3 years ago

You linked to an EM Fireball.
Do you have a Fireball 2, a Classic or a home model?

#3 3 years ago

Alright, spent some more time with this machine today. To answer your question, Mr Phil-Lee it is a "Professional Home Model." I'm pretty sure when I looked up the serial number once before it was a 1972 model. It's a 606-1000 series. Any information on it would be appreciated.
Today I found that one of the plastic connectors coming from the power supply had a burn spot in it, right on the edge of the connector. The metal tang inserted into that slot was probably not conducting very well. I shaped it a bit and reinserted it- voila!- the four lights in the back board came back to life. That was the green wire, I think one of the "common" wires from the power supply.
Still can't get LED score display to come to life. I checked the logic board (I think that's the name of the circuit board on the back board) and I don't see anything out of line. It has been repaired previously in one place I think but I show continuity through that spot. What I did notice- I think- is that the red wires from the power supply had different voltage coming out of them. The middle red wire was lower voltage than the other two. I am referring to the red power wires coming out of the power supply unit.
I don't know if the display works off of its own power supply wire. Every light is working in the play field and the back board; in fact the only thing not working on this machine now that I can see is the score display.
I would replace the display module but this was working pretty fine about six months ago when I last used the machine. Seems like if the display was the issue it would lose lines slowly or intermittently and not go out all together at once. I have no display lights at all.
Does this help anyone identify the problem? I am at your mercy as I've actually exceeded my abilities altogether while learning even this much about this machine.

#5 3 years ago

Ken, that looks good. I like this line under problems with display: Two IC's drive the score display on the Series 2 board. IC Q204 (type ULN2003A) and IC Q201 (type ULN2074B). Q201 also handles sounds.
Are these IC's the little black modules on the logic board? And do you know how you test/repair them?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Durham, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fireball-pro-edition-score-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.