Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by donnPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Tech experts... I have a Bally Fireball 2 and the game has been working great over the past 6 months. Recently, I noticed that the speech was not working or would work at times but not other... The sound is working fine. Also, it appears that the machine when not being played has a "static" sound (almost like listening to the ocean in a conch shell except louder). I have done all the routine things like reseating the connectors but really don't know where to begin at this point. Any suggestions? I assume it has something to do with the squawk talk board?

#2 5 years ago

It's common for the sound and speech volume trimmer pots on the Squawk & Talk board to get dirty and cause the symptom you describe. Have you played with the speech volume trimmer pot to see if it's the issue? It's located near the bottom right corner of the S&T board. Press the self test button on the S&T board and it will start playing back speech; you can then adjust the speech volume trimmer pot to see what happens.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Quench. I’ll give it a try this afternoon after work.

#4 5 years ago

Also check the legs of your IC's on the S&T board for black rot... If some have it, especially the TMS5200 that could be where your problem lies. I would recap the board and change the pots before changing the IC's however.

#5 5 years ago

The pots were the fix! Thanks for the support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lemont, IL
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fireball-ii-sound-but-no-speech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.