Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipps.jpg
Fireball ZF wiring 005.jpg
Fireball ZF wiring 004.jpg
Fireball ZF wiring 003.jpg
Fireball ZF wiring 001.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I rebuilt the flippers on a Fireball yesterday (new coils, plungers, pawls, bushings - the whole nine yards). The previous owner was clearly a DIY guy (probably before the internet) and went to town on this thing. I was wondering if anyone had a pic of the zipper flipper wiring. I have it wired up as per the schematic but can't seem to stop the chatter with the EOS gap unless I completely back it off the EOS actuator.

For the record: before the rebuild one chattered, now they both do. So I'm guessing I flubbed the wiring?

#2 9 years ago

Here you go mate

Fireball ZF wiring 001.jpgFireball ZF wiring 001.jpgFireball ZF wiring 003.jpgFireball ZF wiring 003.jpgFireball ZF wiring 004.jpgFireball ZF wiring 004.jpgFireball ZF wiring 005.jpgFireball ZF wiring 005.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Thank you! I ran it for a week with no EOS. I'm shocked it took that long for someone to hold the flipper up until the coil burnt up.

#4 9 years ago

Finally got that thing up and running, huh?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Finally got that thing up and running, huh?

I did! The previous owner had wired a coil up wrong. It took a very Bally trained set of eyes (Brian Saunders) to find that needle in a haystack. That Fireball has a new home now, though.

This one is my new enemy.

#6 9 years ago

That's a timely thread - am thinking I'll be referring back to this when it comes time to rebuild my FB flippers!

That brown, rust-coloured stuff is normal...right?

flipps.jpgflipps.jpg

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from pin8all:

That's a timely thread - am thinking I'll be referring back to this when it comes time to rebuild my FB flippers!
flipps.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yeah man, antique dealers refer to that as "patina" ... Very sort after.

Time for a strip down and a trip to a metal platers!

Id say there'd be one in HellManTown, usually metal plating is dirt cheap.

rd.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from pin8all:

flipps.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Normal if the game has been in a flood.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Thank you! I ran it for a week with no EOS. I'm shocked it took that long for someone to hold the flipper up until the coil burnt up.

Solenoid power always to the power coil (big wire). One wire from the EOS to the center tab (both windings there) and center tap and other EOS wire to the hold winding (thin wire).

#10 9 years ago

Turns out I hit the lottery with two bad coils. Windings must've been broken somewhere out of sight. All was good when I swapped them out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fireball-flipper-wiringeos-arc-ing-causing-flipper-chatter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.