Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Larrykaye
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am working on a Fireball Classic that has a truly strange problem. The game acts like it is awarding an extra (replay) ball every time the ball drains.
On starting a game the credits go down by one, then the ball count goes to zero, then the ball is released into the shooter lane, then the ball count goes to one.
When that ball drains (and it does not matter how few points have been scored) it is pushed into the trough, a ball is released into the shooter lane and the ball count stays at one. If the game is a multi player it continues scoring for player one (that at least makes sense). I have set the #16 and #17 values to 2 which should turn off all awards. There do not appear to be any dip switch settings that could cause this and they have not been changed since the game worked normally (it's not my game and the owner said it used to work fine). For no good reason other than it was easy to do, I checked the frequency of the CPU clock and it is correct at about 500 kHz. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

If you go to switch test, do all the switches register properly? All, including any in the trough? Any stuck closed?

Game is acting like ball 1 never ends.

#3 4 years ago

Yes, all the switches test OK--should have mentioned that in the first post. None are stuck closed and all register when pressed.
The game is sort of acting like ball one never ends except that the outhole switch and kicker are working.

#4 4 years ago

Do you have all the balls in the game? I think FBC needs 3 balls.

#5 4 years ago

Yes--it has all three balls. Everything in the game plays properly. Both saucers hold the balls and another is fed out, they release as they should.

#6 4 years ago

Have you tried a factory restore?

#7 4 years ago

Check for battery damage on the MPU. Repair or replace as needed. Be sure to clean out all the old data one step at a time that is still left in its memory. See what that does for you.

John

#8 4 years ago

It's fixed! Many thanks to everyone who made suggestions. A particular thanks to Dayhuff for his suggestion to clear out all the data. That is what did the trick. I had already done what I thought would take care of any corrupted memory: I took out the 5101 RAM and installed an NVRAM figuring that this would clear any data. Apparently, it does not wake up 'clean'. All is well. Pinside is great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.95
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 45.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fireball-classic-really-strange-problem?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.