Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fathom_LDB_J4a(1).jpg
    IMG_2626 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2627 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2631 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2630 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2628 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2624 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2622 (resized).JPG
    Fathom_A5-Q19a.jpg
    Fathom_A5J2.jpg
    IMG_6536 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2621 (resized).PNG
    6b74ba343ca0c8d0392019aebe944e0492631b49 (resized).jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I do have a spare Alltek MPU if you want me to put in the game as well but I would like to know what is going on.

Yes, please try the Alltek MPU board - it may help narrow down the issue.

Check the picture of J4 on the lamp driver board below (zoom in) - the solder on those pins look cracked/fractured. Can you please resolder them and any others that look cracked on the board aswell. They don't quite explain your issue if all lamps are flashing in test mode, but nevertheless need to be addressed.

Fathom_LDB_J4a(1).jpgFathom_LDB_J4a(1).jpg

#52 6 years ago

Will do

#53 6 years ago

Reflowed the solder and nothing changed.

#54 6 years ago

Okay finally success with the green arrow Saucer lit.

#3 switch was randomly getting stuck and the 3x target switch was not making the best contact. Light is now acting like it should.

Nightmare is hopefully over.

#55 6 years ago

Great stuff, glad you fixed it!

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quench:

Great stuff, glad you fixed it!

Thanks and thanks for your help. Only thing I have to do now is track down why the game sometimes activates double scoring when not in Multiball. I am 99.9% sure it is switch related.

#57 6 years ago

Glad to see you finally reached the end of this saga! One suggestion regarding the scoring issue--if you suspect it's switch related, make sure to replace the capacitors on any switches that use them. I've seen weird switch behavior come from old, faulty switch caps.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from frunch:

Glad to see you finally reached the end of this saga! One suggestion regarding the scoring issue--if you suspect it's switch related, make sure to replace the capacitors on any switches that use them. I've seen weird switch behavior come from old, faulty switch caps.

Thanks. The double scoring was due to the outhole switch #1. When there was only one ball left in the trough, 1 ball locked in a Saucer and one ball in play, the ball in the trough touching the outhole switch would vibrate and move from the Flippers being active. It was just enough vibration to make the ball roll off the switch and the switch wasn't depressed enough. A slight adjustment to the wire on the switch fixed the problem.

I also went in and adjusted the extra ball rewards. Sent test 16 & 17. Awards were for extra balls and that's why I kept getting random extra balls.

Now the game plays great. Only issue is the bottom pop bumper goes off with out a hit every so often randomly. I am wondering if it is the cap on the switch as the gap on the leaf switch does not seem to be causing the issue.

Thank you so much everyone for tips. Thanks again Quench for all the great advice.

#59 6 years ago

Feels good to finally have it playing good

#60 6 years ago

Tom, for the random popbumper going off. Did you use new caps on all flippers when you rebuilt them? If not, do so.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fathom-right-saucer-arrow-lamp-problem/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.