Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pf2.jpg
pf1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

this is a game Ive been waiting on for almost 2 years to come my way , this is a Keeper that I won't sell and more than likely will be put in my favorite pub..which is better , repo playfield or mylared old PF with some upper lane ware?

LEDS or original bulbs?

or do the retro LEDS ... with tech highlights ..

here are a couple pics of the PF , should I have a guy do the mylar removal touchup and ClearCoat ? how much would that cost Ballpark? if so Who's that guy..

t

pf1.jpgpf1.jpg pf2.jpgpf2.jpg

1 month later
#2 11 years ago

mylar will come off, but even done right, you may lose some original paint. so have someone good with touchup before you even think about clearcoat. you also need touchup at the end of the shooter lane already. common for this game. i'm sticking with original, you'll be spending $1200 plus for a CPR playfield, and what you have there is a very good starting point.

you may even just stick with the playfield as it is, until you can find a deal on a CPR playfield. but i, and 100 other people, are also looking.

no LEDs. i like LEDs, but they honestly will suck in this title (and they'll strobe). stick with standard and some colored incandescents. good luck.

#3 11 years ago

I would stick with original and just shop your game as it is. It's the cheapest and best option for now. My original is similar if not worse than yours (mylar with some wear at the inlanes & pops).

Stu from CPR said in a thread not long ago that eventually they will likely repro the big early bally pins from this era. Who knows when or if that's going to happen but if/when it does I will be on the buyers list because the prices now are insane.

About the LED's... I went with incandescents everywhere except all blue inserts. I put white led's in the blue inserts and it really gives a great look. Almost like looking at a blue light under water and matches the brightness of the green inserts really well.

Have fun! It's a great pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 199.95
£ 195.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fathom-opinions-leds-and-pfs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.