Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by NicToria
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

We have just added stencil kits for Fathom and High Speed. Over the course of the next month we have another 20 titles that will be added to our store. So if you are looking for something and we don't have it drop us a line.

Fathom can be found here:
http://www.twistedpins.com/products/stencil_kits/?ProductID=87

High Speed can be found here:
http://www.twistedpins.com/products/stencil_kits/?ProductID=85

#2 10 years ago

Sweet! I've been waiting for for HS stencils to come out again. Just ordered a set, thanks. Any thought of running some Nitro Ground Shaker stencils?

#3 10 years ago

Would be great to see Bad Cats get stencils created.. .Thx.

Are you including the color names.?

Accurate colors for each game.... If not how does someone figure this out.

Have Funhouse and Bad Cats.

THX>..

#4 10 years ago

What happened??.. Did the file maker get bored with vectorising the blue cross hatches in the letters?? The FATHOM letters seem to be missing some.. Mermaids tale is missing all of them!
Its a tedious stencil to make, ill give you that, but you cant just leave bits off.. any chance we could see the RHS cabinet? My guess is its a mirror of the left whereas it is in fact completely different in sizing

#5 10 years ago

Just ordered the coin box side only. Can I use enamel paint with these? If so what color red and yellow are close? Thanks much.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

What happened??.. Did the file maker get bored with vectorising the blue cross hatches in the letters?? The FATHOM letters seem to be missing some.. Mermaids tale is missing all of them!
Its a tedious stencil to make, ill give you that, but you cant just leave bits off.. any chance we could see the RHS cabinet? My guess is its a mirror of the left whereas it is in fact completely different in sizing

Nothing happened at all. The picture on the website is just for illustrative purposes. Why do you feel the need to start bashing a product that you have no first hand knowledge of the quality and what the final product will look like?? If you think the product isn't correct although you haven't seen it then don't order it. Plain and simple as that.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Any thought of running some Nitro Ground Shaker stencils?

It is on our list to do but the issue is we have not come across a good enough canidate to get the artwork off of to date. If you want to send us a pic of yours I can see if we can work with it.

Quoted from NicToria:

Would be great to see Bad Cats get stencils created.. .Thx.

Have Funhouse and Bad Cats.

Funhouse and Bad Cats are both decals. You can find Funhouse decals currently on several websites and I have heard that Bad Cats decals are in the works in the next few months.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just ordered the coin box side only. Can I use enamel paint with these? If so what color red and yellow are close? Thanks much.

You can use enamel paint if you desire. Everybody has their own type of paint they prefer to use. Some will use spray can, others will go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy house paint and then other people will use automotive paint. So it is hard for us to give out color codes when the codes are specific to a brand/quality of paint.

#8 10 years ago

Would you guys do stencils for an old EM gun game as well? Midway Wild Kingdom to be specific if I got you the proper photos?

#9 10 years ago

If you go to their website there is a page on how to get them to do customs and what they require to produce the stencil.

#10 10 years ago

Oh YES! Finally! Will be ordering some HS stencils soon.

#11 10 years ago

Any chance Blackout is on your list?
Mine is in desperate need of a Sanding/repair/painting, but I have been unable to find stencils.

#12 10 years ago

Is whirlwind painted or a decal?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Nothing happened at all. The picture on the website is just for illustrative purposes. Why do you feel the need to start bashing a product that you have no first hand knowledge of the quality and what the final product will look like?? If you think the product isn't correct although you haven't seen it then don't order it. Plain and simple as that.

Uh, you provided the picture and it wasn't accurate. He was just asking a question based upon the only image you provided. I don't think he was bashing your product, but it was an honest question. You can't provide inaccurate pictures and then expect people not to ask if the stencil is going to be correct.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from johnnycruzr:

Any chance Blackout is on your list?

At this time we don't have the art for Blackout. It is a fairly simple title so if you wanted to send us pictures of yours we could create it for you.

Quoted from Joshmx19:

Is Whirlwind painted or a decal?

Whirlwind is a decal and you can get them from Bay Area here:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WH99NG

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Uh, you provided the picture and it wasn't accurate. He was just asking a question based upon the only image you provided. I don't think he was bashing your product, but it was an honest question. You can't provide inaccurate pictures and then expect people not to ask if the stencil is going to be correct.

Actually he is a competitor from Australia who likes to troll on our posts because he sells stencils also. The stencil for Fathom is accurate.

#16 10 years ago

You are entirely missing his point.

This thread is full of potential customers. *WE* don't know who that person is in your world. All we see is a potential customer being treated badly by a vendor. How do you expect us to react to that as potential customers?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

You are entirely missing his point.

This thread is full of potential customers. *WE* don't know who that person is in your world. All we see is a potential customer being treated badly by a vendor. How do you expect us to react to that as potential customers?

I understand his point exactly and I did not want to come off like that. But for somebody to just start bashing a product that they haven't seen is completly wrong and uncalled for especially when it is a competitor. Was I wrong in my response?? Yes but I am not going to just ignore comments from somebody who is trolling our threads. Just so everybody knows Retropin is the owner of http://www.flipperescue.com. He is upset that we sell Gottlieb stencils also as he thinks he is the only person in the world allowed to sell them.

If you look at the Fathom stencil on our site you will see that it is accurate. We welcome feedback from all of our customers in regards to the stencils. If their is an inaccuracy then we want to know so we can correct it. We don't sell inferior quality stencils like some of the other companies.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

It is on our list to do but the issue is we have not come across a good enough canidate to get the artwork off of to date. If you want to send us a pic of yours I can see if we can work with it.

Funhouse and Bad Cats are both decals. You can find Funhouse decals currently on several websites and I have heard that Bad Cats decals are in the works in the next few months.

You can use enamel paint if you desire. Everybody has their own type of paint they prefer to use. Some will use spray can, others will go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy house paint and then other people will use automotive paint. So it is hard for us to give out color codes when the codes are specific to a brand/quality of paint.

Ill shoot ya some pics

#19 10 years ago

Question:

The old HS stencils that were available were known for not lining up properly and needing some work to line up correctly. Have these been tested to make sure they line up right?

Either way I will be buying some, just curious if they will have the issues the old sets were known for.

#20 10 years ago

Why does it need to line up right if your repainting it? No one will be able to tell.

#21 10 years ago

Erm, because if the layers don't line up right, you end up with a totally wrong piece of artwork.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Question:

The old HS stencils that were available were known for not lining up properly and needing some work to line up correctly. Have these been tested to make sure they line up right?

Either way I will be buying some, just curious if they will have the issues the old sets were known for.

Not sure who made the old HS stencils but we have not had any issues with colors lining up. Regardless of who makes the stencils if you don't keep the registration consistent from stencil to stencil then they will never line up properly. So just take your time and you will be fine.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Actually he is a competitor from Australia who likes to troll on our posts because he sells stencils also. The stencil for Fathom is accurate.

LOL-I like to troll your posts?? From memory, this is number 2 post ive replied to. First was for the sale of Haunted House stencils to which you haven't proven you have permission for.. yes, this title is licenced!

Ok.. so the image is for illustrative purposes only? Fathom took me some 25 hours to vectorise.. each of those hatches needs to be drawn individually. Normally, it would make sense to use the file to create an image that advertises the product.. customer can then see for themselves the accuracy of the work.
So the illustrative purposes only file is a redrawn one?
The files you show in the link provided are not correct.. had you shown correct files I would never have posted anything... US restorers are more than welcome to purchase your stencils, it certainly works out cheaper than having me ship out of Australia but my guess is that they would like to see what they are purchasing first and not have to buy to verify whether its correct or not.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Ok.. so the image is for illustrative purposes only? Fathom took me some 25 hours to vectorise.. each of those hatches needs to be drawn individually. Normally, it would make sense to use the file to create an image that advertises the product.. customer can then see for themselves the accuracy of the work.
So the illustrative purposes only file is a redrawn one?
The files you show in the link provided are not correct.. had you shown correct files I would never have posted anything... US restorers are more than welcome to purchase your stencils, it certainly works out cheaper than having me ship out of Australia but my guess is that they would like to see what they are purchasing first and not have to buy to verify whether its correct or not.

You posted on our thread claiming that our stencil for Fathom wasn't correct. When in reality you haven't personally seen the complete stencil kit itself. So for you to start saying all of these things are wrong with our stencil is a pretty big leap there. That would be no different than me commenting on your products although I have never personally seen your products nor do I know of anybody who has purchased and used them.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Not sure who made the old HS stencils but we have not had any issues with colors lining up. Regardless of who makes the stencils if you don't keep the registration consistent from stencil to stencil then they will never line up properly. So just take your time and you will be fine.

I think it was classic arcades, not to sure.

Anyways, this is what I like to hear!

#26 10 years ago

I can't wait to do up my HS!
These stencils are going to kick ass

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

You posted on our thread claiming that our stencil for Fathom wasn't correct. When in reality you haven't personally seen the complete stencil kit itself. So for you to start saying all of these things are wrong with our stencil is a pretty big leap there. That would be no different than me commenting on your products although I have never personally seen your products nor do I know of anybody who has purchased and used them.

Pictures on my website of stencils are the actual files themselves but in a non vectorised format. You are free to comment on their authenticity all you like. The GOTTLIEB stencils have been verified as true to original by GOTTLIEB DEVELOPMENT LLC to which we have licence.
The same level of attention is taken to the creation of all our stencils.. its how we guarantee a quality product.

Allow me to clarify then... the pictures you use on your website to advertise your product are incorrect and have had many corners cut in their execution. You assure all of us here that the pictures are NOT of the actual stencils and that you indeed sell a far better product which you don't advertise through the link on your site.
Then we shall take your word for it.

#28 10 years ago

Retro does do very nice work and a true artist not just in stencils but neon and other creations.

End of the day both you guys are giving us awesome products but agree with Retro that if people want to restore a pin to it's original glory they want it to be true to the original design - maybe to settle this can TwistedPins post a few high quality photos of each side of the cabinet / backbox here of the final products in this thread.

#29 10 years ago

Given the odds of finding an unrestored fathom in the wild its all a bit academic anyway really

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

the pictures you use on your website to advertise your product are incorrect and have had many corners cut in their execution. You assure all of us here that the pictures are NOT of the actual stencils and that you indeed sell a far better product which you don't advertise through the link on your site.
Then we shall take your word for it.

LOL ok man whatever. If coming onto another competitior's thread to start bashing their product and say how great your's are then good for you We don't do business like that. You could have the worst product in the world but we would never come onto your thread and say that. It's called class which you clearly don't have.

#31 10 years ago

I met the guys from The Twisted Pins a few weeks back at the Northwest Pinball and Gameroom show. These guys are the real deal and are vary passionate about pinball. Since I live in Boise and these guys are based here I stopped by there facility after coming back from the show to pick up a Xenon stencil for a machine that I am restoring. I got the full tour and I was impressed, they do great work. Buy with confidence; I am now a lifelong customer of The Twisted Pins.

#32 10 years ago

Buy with confidence; I am now a lifelong customer of The Twisted Pins

I agree with maglar . I purchased one for Millionaire and another for Pinbot . The amount of time Travis spent with me answering question exceeded my expectations. Great product and customer service with a speedy delivery .

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

LOL ok man whatever. If coming onto another competitior's thread to start bashing their product and say how great your's are then good for you We don't do business like that. You could have the worst product in the world but we would never come onto your thread and say that. It's called class which you clearly don't have.

Merely pointing out discrepancies.. they exist and that's not my fault now is it?
Class? Like infringing on anothers licence is class?
My friend you have no idea what class is

#34 10 years ago

THX for the info.... N Good luck with your products... !!

quote..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fathom-and-williams-high-speed-stencil-now-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.