Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rubble300
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

The supply voltage coming from the bridge is for all lamps. If it had issues, it could not selectively burn out specific bulbs. In other words, there is a specific reason the pop lamps only, are burning out.

I believe that the pop bulbs in EK are controlled lamps... You could try a different lamp driver board, if you have a spare. Or, track down the transistors on the lamp driver board that run those lamps and test them.

I would replace the bulbs and go in to lamp test and confirm that they work for 20 minutes-cycling back and forth, and then report back here if they are functioning after 20 mins.

#7 5 years ago

Then I would say unless those bulbs are running VERY bright, that the actual pop's downward movements are causing the bulbs to fail. Try a different brand. I have a very similar problem with my Stern Ali... I use old EM bulbs from the 50's in those pops and they last a LOT longer than the Chinese bulbs of today.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubble300:

Tx for your responses, snyper and MrBally.
    More info, just played a couple games without pop bumper caps on to watch the lamps. After a little playing i noticed one bulb getting brighter than the other, eventually burning out. After about 5 minutes more playing the other started to get brighter than burning out.
    As for the LEDs, any mods needed?

Yes, but if you want to specially just add them to the pops, you only need to solder a single 470 ohm resistor across each bulb's circuit. Or, there could be specific LED bulbs that address these issues on the market already, that add the required resistance... I haven't shopped for LED bulbs in a while so I can't say for certain.

The other more pricey option is to buy a NEW Bally / Stern Lamp Driver Board with LED support from Weebly... https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

I think they are $90 shipped. He also has the "Pinside" linked business.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-evel-knievel-power-supply-problem?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.