Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rubble300
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubble300.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello all, i am having a problem with the pop bumper bulbs burning out after couple of games, from cycling on/off from the spinners. I looked at the voltages off of BR1 supply board TP1 was 5.4 vdc and 3.3vac. I replaced BR1 and still same measurements. Not sure what i am i missing.
    Please inform, tx. Joe

#3 5 years ago

all good and tight, i also switched the pop bumper bulbs from 44 to 47's to stay cooler, but their burning out.

#5 5 years ago

all lamps and the pop bumper lamps still work after lamp test (cycling on/off). unfortunately no other lamp driver board to swap.

#6 5 years ago

ran lamp cycle test for half hour

#8 5 years ago

Yes, i did revert back to the old school bulbs and they did last longer, but those still burn out. On the Evel game, the spinners cycles those pop bumper lights quickly on/off. Thinking this could be voltage or inrush current problem.
    With the lamp test or lamps constant on, doesnt seem to be a problem. The game and pop bumpers are currently "on" and will have to take a look in a couple of hours.
    Maybe the pop downward movement is causing, but not sure how to verify.

#10 5 years ago

Tx for your responses, snyper and MrBally.
    More info, just played a couple games without pop bumper caps on to watch the lamps. After a little playing i noticed one bulb getting brighter than the other, eventually burning out. After about 5 minutes more playing the other started to get brighter than burning out.
    As for the LEDs, any mods needed?

#12 5 years ago

Tx for all the info, i will start with the leds and added resistance. See how that works out. Not sure i want the added expense for new board, but thats a good call.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubble300.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-evel-knievel-power-supply-problem?tu=rubble300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.