• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by beauimpala
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello,
My Bally Evel Knievel SS pinball had all the feature lamps go out today. I tried the self diagnostic test to have the lights flash on and off, and none of the feature lights are on but the GI stay on and don't flash.
Yesterday I noticed that this happened. But after a few games, the lights did come back on for a while, but then they went out and I haven't been able to get them on since.
Any thoughts
Thanks
Dugan

#2 11 years ago

Check Fuse F1 on the power supply....What voltage do you have at test point 1 (TP1) on the board? You should have ~ 5.4VDC measuring at TP1 to GND. That's the voltage supply to all switched lamps.

#3 11 years ago

OK, I'll have to borrow a meter and test. If there is not 5.4V DC on test point 1 what would be the next step?

#4 11 years ago

F1 fuse is blown, or BR1 Bridge Rectifier is bad...

If the lights went in/out, could also be a few things like a marginal connector....J1 pin 7 and J3 pin 6 carry the voltage to the playfield and MPU for the lamps....Could also be a stressed fuse clip on F1.

Testing TP1 will quickly tell you if you have voltage from the power supply. If you don't, then only a few things prevent that (fuse, bad BR, bad transformer - unlikely). If you do, start checking connectors and pay attention to any that are discolored or brittle.

#5 11 years ago

Fantastic,
I'll try your ideas and see what happens
Thank you!

10 months later
#6 10 years ago

After reading these posts I discovered my fuse holder at f1 was no good causing my controlled lights not to work. How these go bad all of a sudden is weird. Just another possible solution to people looking up this sort of problem like I was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 199.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jupiter, FL
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-evel-knievel-all-feature-lights-stopped-working-again-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.