Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Pinwizkid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Hello, I am working on a Escape from Lost World and the sound is really low. The pot was replaced because it was broken. I did some searching on the forum and it was noted that the lm741 is an issue. There was an diagram given about adding a circuit but i am not following it 100%. I am a visual type of person can anyone show in a picture where I am adding this too on the board? Thanks!

#2 10 months ago

Escape from the Lost World or just plain Lost World? Two different games and sound boards. I think the 741 and mod you speak of applies to the original Lost World game using -32 sound board.

#3 10 months ago

Escape from Lost World

#4 10 months ago

I just picked up one of these with a similar issue. I have barely spent any time on it, but I was able to get the volume to pop back up by adjusting the pot on the sound board. The pot on my mine is clearly very flaky and needed to be turned slowly until I found a "sweet spot" that brought the sound back. I imagine I will need to replace this pot at some point, but for now it works.

Also, Bally put out a service bulletin urging operators to remove capacitor C12 as there is a power surge when the game is turned off that can damage a 7533 digital to audio converter chip (DAC). You may want to see if this modification was ever done.

http://www.pinrepair.com/6803/6803removecap.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 137.00
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside