Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3734.JPEG
778680F2-D0F2-4EAF-9560-9A1D9D96FA50 (resized).jpeg
F81E99DC-A32B-4B3D-8B49-F3C9F975A96F (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I picked a EFLW and having an issue with the upper right flipper. Its not working at all. The other 3 work fine. I rebuilt everything but still nothing. It looks like someone hacked the wires on the lower right as well as the upper right. Can someone provide pics of both flippers so i can try to piece together the proper way they go? Im not sure what they were doing but its a mess. Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Hey Aahzz,

I'm in process of restoring the same machine.

All my flippers are in working order except the upper right as well (sticking, no electrical problems.)

Here's a pic for reference, hope it helps!

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

-Eric G

#3 4 years ago

Do you happen to havea pic of the lower right as well? That should be where the power is coming from I want to make sure thats wired right as well. Thanks alot for the first pic.

#4 4 years ago

Not a problem, I’m in process of replacing a lot of the leaf switches on the flippers as well. The upper left flipper had a lot of flop and was inconsistent for my shots. I replaced the coil, leaf switch & some of the flipper hardware only to find that the lower left leaf switch was the issue all along. I’ve attached both for reference. The flipper mech with the new leaf is the lower left flipper.

F81E99DC-A32B-4B3D-8B49-F3C9F975A96F (resized).jpegF81E99DC-A32B-4B3D-8B49-F3C9F975A96F (resized).jpeg778680F2-D0F2-4EAF-9560-9A1D9D96FA50 (resized).jpeg778680F2-D0F2-4EAF-9560-9A1D9D96FA50 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago

My wiring was different from yours but i changed them to match. Now its weird. If i press the right flipper, the lower goes up but not the top. If i hold down the right flipper button and press the left button the upper right flipper will go up and stay up as long as the right flipper button is held. Im stumped. Is there a flipper board? Could it be bad? Anyone have a clue?

#6 4 years ago

Fixed!! The wires going from the leaf switch were backwards. I switched them and now I’m in business

#7 4 years ago

Glad to hear! I’ve been playing my EFLW all day and loving it with the family!

-Eric

1 month later
#8 4 years ago

Hi Guys -- I just got my first game from a family friend and it is EFLW. Upon getting it to my house I noticed the upper right flipper is missing! rendering 1/3 of the game useless. The other 3 all work fine. I am a complete newbie at this, but I opened up the machine and saw that in addition to the flipper being removed, the wires were cut from the coil! Why would someone do that!?! It also look like it is missing the Return Spring and the Side Lever Assembly.

I guess my first question is, is this repairable? It looks like the wires have very little additional slack on them. If it is repairable a couple questions

1) Do I need to buy a complete Flipper Rebuild Kit?
2) Do i need to buy a new coil as well? Or should I just do it to be safe?
3) There is minimal slack available on these cut wires if I am going to re-attached. Can I buy additional wire to extend them and if so is it all just standard copper wire?
3) Finally -- Which wires do I solder to each Diode if I am going to put this back? I am very nervous i am going to short the machine and be in way over my head if I do this wrong. I tried to color code arrows to make it easier for you all to advise which wires go where. I think it should go

A) YELLOW CIRCLE WIRES to WHITE CIRCLE diode

B) Reconnect the wires in the BLUE RECTANGLE

C) ORANGE CIRCLE to PURPLE CIRCLE?

See the attached picture

I really appreciate all of your help!

IMG_3734.JPEGIMG_3734.JPEG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-escape-from-lost-world-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.