• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bowl O point relays (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I've had this game on route for roughly a month and it started doing this:

I've never seen this before on any other EM. What should I be looking for here?
Something that you do not see on the video is that the "scrolling" happens on the 10s and 100s as well. Everything else works as intended. Thanks for any help!

#2 2 years ago

What’s the name of the machine?

#3 2 years ago

Since it happens to all of the score reels, it's unlikely to be the score reel itself or a playfield switch. You'll need a schematic to find a switch in common with all of the score reels. One thing you might try is to lift the playfield and trigger the the score reels in a dimly lit room. If it's caused by an arcing switch you should see blue sparks coming from the switch in question.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

What’s the name of the machine?

King Rex

#5 2 years ago

It looks like the point relays relax as soon as a score reel pulls in and then immediately reactivate. Is that about right? It could be that something is interrupting the power to the point relays, possibly because of the vibration of the score reel plunger pulling in.

I don't have a King Rex schematic but this is from Bowl O:
Bowl O point relays (resized).jpgBowl O point relays (resized).jpg
If the Anti Cheat relay switches in this schematic didn't stay closed the point relays might chatter as yours do.

I'd look around for sparks as edednedy suggested, especially on switches in the power rail circuit like those above. Also look to see if any other relays are chattering at the same time.

/Mark

#6 2 years ago

Thanks Mark! Gonna be at the site tomorrow and gonna check it out

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-wacky-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.