3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marco (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hi,
    I have attached a picture with red arrows showing the lathe cut grooves in the plunger link. there is a reason for this and it seems no one has an answer. If Bally took the tool lathe time to cut those grooves ,what was the reason??

1972 Bally Fireball

Thank you!

Bill

marco (resized).jpgmarco (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

There is supposed to be a white plastic bearing (# C-342) which snaps into those grooves. The parts catalog calls it a guide ring.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-342

#3 3 years ago

To expand on Ken's post that bearing keeps the plunger centered in the sleeve.

#4 3 years ago

WOW!!

And just like that I have my answer!!!! You guys are the best. There is not a guide ring/plastic bearing in any of the steppers in this machine.

You guys stay safe..

Bill

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billysfireball:

WOW!!
    And just like that I have my answer!!!! You guys are the best. There is not a guide ring/plastic bearing in any of the steppers in this machine.
    You guys stay safe..
    Bill

Not surprising. They're nylon/plastic and over time and age and heat and whatever they give up the ghost. People take the plunger out and lose them. They're one of those things that pops off and rolls under something and you can't find it so you order new ones. Three months later it magicall reappeasr and you have a spare. Then you need it again sometime and you can't remember where you put it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-no-link-plungers-stepping-unit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.