Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by revrock81
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider el-comico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 7 years ago

To clear the confusion on Mad World..yes,it is a multiball.But very different to the likes of Star-Jet and others.By hitting a certain target allows the locked gate to open in the alley on the right.The ball lodges in the upper step and a second ball can now come into play(remembering you have the old manual ball-lifter).Now,you play the second ball and,if hitting corresponding targets,the first ball will move down the alley to the next step...if successful,it can go all the way to the shooter's lane with the other ball still in play.Now,you have a choice-shoot the ball into play while the other ball is still active or hold that ball and play the other by itself until it drains and then shoot the first ball-the ball count remains.I think my machine may have a fault with the gate as,when the target is hit to allow gate to open,it doesn't lock properly afterwards(supposively when a ball enters the alley,the gate should not re-open)...I'm not complaining as I put 4 balls in it and have played it with 4 balls all on the playfield at the same time(a 4-ball multiball in 1964?!!).I did some research and I think the only other machine that has something like this may be Capersville(but doesn't operate quite like that...kick-out disengage the alley).Someone mentioned Four Million BC from 1971 but not sure about that.I think Bally had two concepts for multiball back then-one like Star-Jet which they continued while the one on Mad World was abandoned.
N.B.-You get bonus points for clearing the alley and returning to the shooter lane-a rollover at the top that scores points,then 4 steps the ball lodges,then another rollover..that one being the big pay-off.Definitely,a totally different machine when running 4 balls(but that wasn't what it was designed for...like I said,not complaining!

#30 7 years ago

Just adding to last reply....if your second ball drains while the first ball is in the alley,the next player(if playing 2 players)can carry it over.You could see a scenario of having the first ball on the last step before the rollover to the shooter's lane only to lose your second ball...then the next player could maybe pinch it and,hence,get multiball you set up.At the end of a game/games,if a ball is still in the alley it stays there until the next game is operated.So yea...it's a carry-over feature whether you like or not.Technically,someone asked if this machine is a multiball or gives an extra ball.The answer is,strangely,yes to both.You have the choice of playing it either way...2 balls(or in my case 4 balls)at the same time or one ball and,when that drains,the other straight after.Are there any other games that give multiball and extra ball before SS's?I can't think of any....a pretty clever concept back then,I think.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Durham, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider el-comico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-machines-with-multiball?tu=el-comico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.