(Topic ID: 211210)

Bally EM Head Removal

By djsolzs

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180303_150826 (resized).jpg
    20180303_150846 (resized).jpg
    20180303_150838 (resized).jpg
    20180303_150856 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi - pickup up a 1975 Bally knockout tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could help me understand how to remove the head? Ive never moved an EM before. 4 bolts on the inside and uplug connectors?

any help would be appreciated so I get be prepared for the pickup. Thanks

#5 6 years ago

Thanks all - Ive not dealt with a machine with a back door on the backbox. I assume this is opened in the back by a key? If no key available anything to watch out for if drilling it out? Ive moved several Gottlieb System 1's with lock on side but the door swings out toward the playfield.

Bad idea to use a dolly to move the backbox? It will unfortunately only be me on the pickup

#7 6 years ago

One last question - remove backglass? or ok to transport with it in the back box?>

#9 6 years ago

Cool thanks guys I hope I have the right tools when Im there sounds pretty straight forward.

#18 6 years ago

Wow this is so much more than what I expected to get from this thread - great stuff thanks a ton. Its coming out of a basement and through 50 ish degree Ohio weather to the car. 25 min drive home

#21 6 years ago

Good call on the drywall screw. I posted this to make sure I had everything covered I feel like i do now.

Couple weeks ago I went to grab a DE machine and had everything but that damn Allen wrench. Almost lost the deal cause I couldn't take it that day.

#22 6 years ago

Successful grab! Thanks

Haven't turned it on yet need to figure out what to look for on these EMs before turning on.

20180303_150856 (resized).jpg20180303_150856 (resized).jpg

20180303_150838 (resized).jpg20180303_150838 (resized).jpg

20180303_150846 (resized).jpg20180303_150846 (resized).jpg

20180303_150826 (resized).jpg20180303_150826 (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago

Ok check coils if locked. What about cleaning the Jones plug?

I had thought about just manually moving any moving parts so make sure they aren't restricted. Thanks for help.

I have keys for back

#29 6 years ago

Thanks was just looking for general direction I know plenty of info out there. Ill report back.

#31 6 years ago

Yeah sounds like good advice I have experience with newer pins but ZERO on EMs

Quoted from HowardR:

Until you get a lot more experience, don't clean or adjust anything that doesn't need it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-head-removal?tu=djsolzs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.