10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Garrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firepower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I'm finally getting around to rebuild the canopy glass top on my Bally Dixieland. I took it all apart and the channels had some very old spongy material in it. All of that material had to be removed as it basically fell apart as I took the canopy apart.

Does anyone have familiarity with this style canopy system and what recommendations can you make for reassembling it and replacing the material that no longer exists in my case?

Thanks in advance.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks Garrett and EmPins.

Quoted from Garrett:

Are you talking about the black foam material under the clear plastic on the playfield?
Had a Space Time previously and found some thick black material at Joanne Fabrics that worked perfectly.

Yes I had what could once be considered "black foam". It pretty much disintegrated upon touching it. Is it supposed to under the glass or to the sides?

Quoted from EMPins:

The glass should have a rubber channel that surrounds it before you put it into the metal channel of the canopy.
You can pop that rubber surround out and scrub it with hot water and soap.
Once back together there would be a strip of beer seal on the part that closes with the latch.

I had seen elsewhere int eh Internet a mention of the rubber channel but mine was missing. There were signed of a fix on the tab of the lock down bar so I am guessing someone took it off years ago and didn't put it back on. I will have to see if anything similar is still available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider firepower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-canopy-glass-question?tu=firepower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.