Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by astyy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Rocket-III-Work-01 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    2CD75442-E238-4387-933F-AB1396346CFE (resized).jpeg
    866b20e34b36618cb31cf8deae0aef06eb3fb897 (resized).jpg
    E1F479F5-D008-4ED3-91E5-42FF1D59BEDB (resized).jpeg
    769BF21D-2C2C-4F2B-8527-A7BB5EA57F84 (resized).jpeg
    866b20e34b36618cb31cf8deae0aef06eb3fb897 (resized).jpeg
    Untitled (resized).png
    6C962CED-2D58-4D89-9625-936170B2AD65 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Hi TheCnyPinGuy +
    I live in Switzerland - south of Germany - in Switzerland we have 220VAC line current. New buildings are equipped with House-Outlets*** THREE-Prongs --- when we plug-in a three-prong connecting cable (pin) into the House-Outlet: We have POWER on the cable-POWER-wire - comes into the pin - runs to "encapsulated toggle-switch***" - and on it runs to fuse-holder - through fuse to other side of the fuse-holder - and on it runs to transformer-HOT-POWER-solder-lug.

"encapsulated toggle-switch***": It is encapsulated so we never can touch the solder-lugs on the toggle-switch --- as this switch has POWER-Connection when the main power-cord is plugged-in into the House-Outlet.
    House-Outlets*** THREE-Prongs: In Switzerland we have other (than Yours in the USA) colors on the wires "Hot" / "Neutral" / "Safety-connection - earthening".

An discussion - no need to discuss as ones "pros" are the others "cons" - and vice versa:
    AAA: House-Outlet - connecting wire - switch - fuse - transformer. BBB: House-Outlet - connecting wire - fuse - switch - transformer (((I am an AAA-guy - I do not want power on the fuse when I have toggled-off - Line-Cord plugged-in --- I always think of: When it is wired as BBB - and a guy toggles-off the pin and wants to take-out the 6VAC-Fuse (he thinks "have toggled-off") - he accidentally touches the 110VAC-Line-Fuse --- and an accident happens - he touches 110VAC-POWER)))

TheCnyPinGuy - I look at the pictures - I am in doubt if You have wired correct --- (but) it is not good when a swiss guy talks about "wiring 110VAC in the USA" - please confirm with US-Pinsiders. Greetings Rolf

#16 5 years ago

Hi astyy
    I refer to my post, post-7 (the "AAA" and the "BBB") see the JPG here - an Toggle-Switch before or after the fuse.

Do You know Your pin has some kind of "Toggle-OFF Switch" (?) --- in the schematics, JPG encircled "blue" - Bally calls it "Shut Off" Switch --- Williams also has such - calls them "Kickoff-Switch". See on Shangri La - http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2110&picno=64764 - a white rectangle in the picture - a bit to the right and a bit upwards we see a milky-white round Nylon-goodie - the holding of an bolt. The bolt standing upright rests on the plywood - with a fist we bang upwards onto the plywood at exactly that place - the bolt jumps up and opens a switch - (Lock-Relay in Williams pins) - Your "Anti-Cheat-Relay looses Self-Hold-Current and let go - this turns off the lights in Your pin.

A question to be discussed - "IS THE PIN now toggled-off ?". Think of Your mobile phone - it runs on battery - from time to time You plug-in into the house-outlet a clump / chunk (a transformer and rectifier) --- then a two pronged cable You plug-in in Your mobile phone --- and the battery in the mobile phone will load. OK - You have the clump / chunk plugged-in in the house-outlet - but Your mobile phone is disconnected --- BIG question to discuss: Is the clump / chunk toggled-on or is it toggled-off ? See the analogy to "Your pin" ?

Whatever You do on Your pin - You make an alteration - think of an latter owner - DO MAKE an very good description and store the description in the pin. Greetings Rolf

0Rocket-III-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Rocket-III-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-adding-a-power-switch?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.