So you may have seen my original (now viral) post about the sight unseen Elektra I just picked up. Here's the thread with photos and the good, bad and ugly-
I pulled the PF from the cab (first timer on this!), removed the head (another first), built a rotisserie (first) and started the restore.
Vid1900 suggested that I buy a new cab, which is a great idea, but the cost +shipping was over my budget. I've already glued the cab back in place and will start sanding soon. I still need to find the stencils or perhaps order them from Twisted Pin. I've started on the BG and super glued some of the bubble back (worked great), got the PF on the rotisserie and will pull the boards soon. Here's some pics to start with: