You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200604_165740 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
1588527479300500373654398513345 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thejustin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi i'm pretty new to the pinball world so pleae excuse me if i use the wrong terms or dumb questions. I have a Bally El Toro that ive been working on that was in pretty rough shape.

The problem im having is that the 1000 point relay in the head is sticking when activated during a game. When there is power to the machine during start up (game over) I can manually activate the 1000 point relay and it releases everytime. However, after I start a game the 1000 point relay with stick the first time its activated. It will also stick after a few to several cycles of the 100 point relay are activated. I should also note that scoring reel seems to function properly when in hame over and manually activating switch other than the 10000 score wheel moving 2 increments sometimes when cycled by 1000 point score reel.

So far I've cleaned all switch contacts and set the clearances best as possible throughout the game including the relay switches, score reel switches, and EOS switches on score reel.

Sorry about the rant, really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Talked to Steve at PBR and cleaned and filed the EOS switch on 1000 point score reel as advised
but still having same issues dont want to call back and bug him so turning to you all!

#4 3 years ago

Ive tried paper between contacts on the relay leading to EOS switch on the 1000-9000 reel and it seemes to help but would still lock up after a few on off cycles, I will try paper between EOS switch on the 1000 reel tonight. I cleaned and filed the contacts again and managed to get it to get the 1000 point relay to energize and release when game is on and scoring however when I score 1000 points with the 100 point relay and it tries to turn the 1000-9000 reel it locks up again...im confused as to why it would lock up when scoring 1000 with 100 point relay but not each time I score with a single 1000 point target.

I will go through all thousand point target pn PF again to make sure one isnt locking up.

#5 3 years ago

So just found a minute to have another quick look. So the 1000 point relay on its own is operational and rotates 1000 point reel fine...however 1000 point relay locks up when scoring 1000 points with 100 reel ..i noticed that the 1000-9000 stepper is also locked up when this happens and it locks with the EOS switch open...not sure where to go from here...could it be one of the switches on the plate or maybe one of three leaf switchea above EOS switch?

#8 3 years ago

Thank you all so much for the help im going to have another crack at it in a few days and will report back! Much appreciated

#9 3 years ago

So ive gone back over most switches...the locked 1000 point was a switch of pf that was misadjusted and noticed the "R"stack on score reel locking down as well. I did a lot of adjusting and filing and it is now playable. Just a few gremlins ..one head scratcher is that the mushrooms that light up the right lane scores can activate the light when they are closed but the lights wont stay on like they should. Im wondering if maybe its a game setting? Most setting cards on on the machine with exceptions of the single post in upper corner of head unit. Maybe someone has one that could take a pic for me?

Ive attached a photo of the adjustments posts im not sure about (upper right corner when looking at backside)

Thanks again for all you help everyone!

1588527479300500373654398513345 (resized).jpg1588527479300500373654398513345 (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

So ive gone back over most switches...the locked 1000 point was a switch of pf that was misadjusted and noticed the "R"stack on score reel locking down as well. I did a lot of adjusting and filing and it is now playable. Just a few gremlins ..one head scratcher is that the mushrooms that light up the right lane scores can activate the light when they are closed but the lights wont stay on like they should. Im wondering if maybe its a game setting? Most setting cards on on the machine with exceptions of the single post in upper corner of head unit. Maybe someone has one that could take a pic for me?

Ive attached a photo of the adjustments posts im not sure about (upper right corner when looking at backside)

Thanks again for all you help everyone!

#12 3 years ago

No they only energize the light when hit but wont stay lit in the right lane...was working before not sure what i messed up lol ... ill have to rrace through schematic and see.

1 month later
#14 3 years ago

So I believe I have got everything working. I ordered a new coil for the weak flipper installed it the same as the last one and was still weak so I wired it the same way as the other flipper and is working stronger than the other.

Just curious about what the number set on the top of the back box represents? It can be seen above the Bally logo im the pic. I think it is referred to the match number but im not sure how to adjust hi score rewards because the hi score adjustment card is missing fron the back box.

Thanks again for everyones help!

20200604_165740 (resized).jpg20200604_165740 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thejustin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-el-toro-1000-point-relay-stuck?tu=thejustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.