You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ballkickout.jpg
Outhole_guide_plate.JPG
swivel-ejector.png
#1 11 years ago

Bally On Beam. The two fingers that stick up out of the swiveling outhole kicker...one finger is missing. Ball does not kick to shooter lane because the ball is not sitting straight in the out hole. The kicker hits the ball at an angle and the ball just rattles around in the entrance to the shooter lane feed ramp. Rarely does it make it to the lane without help from one of my fingers. PBR does not have the part I need. It's not the standard base plate for a kickout. It has a round plate pressed to it as part of the swivel mechanism. The fingers are welded to the base plate. Anyone have this part and would sell it? Or any suggestions on fabricating a replacement finger?

#2 11 years ago

Can you fabricate one from a piece of sheet metal and pop rivet it on?

#3 11 years ago

I'm not sure because of the plate mounted to it. I'm sure I could figure something out but would like to find the actual part if I could.

#4 11 years ago

Picture please

#5 11 years ago

Working on it. Here is the parts manual pic but it is not very clear or detailed. It does not give a part number for the bracket I need. I highlighted it in red.

swivel-ejector.pngswivel-ejector.png

#6 11 years ago

My Bally lost world has that kick out configuration on the left and right saucers, but it doesn't swivel.

There are two "fingers" that stick up through the plastic, though.

Not sure its of any help to ya...

#7 11 years ago

Previous "repairs" before I got it had the tip of the kicker arm bent to the side to compensate for the missing finger. It was bent so much that is was rubbing on the bracket and also on the outhole switch, shorting the blades together. When straightening, it broke, so I replaced the kicker arm. Just need to find the right repair for the fingers.

I was a little off in my description above. The plate has three studs pressed into it that the circular plates mount to. The circular plate is #3 in the diagram. I'm starting to think I could modify a standard plate to work. PBR did not have that one either though.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

The two fingers that stick up out of the swiveling outhole kicker...one finger is missing. Ball does not kick to shooter lane because the ball is not sitting straight in the out hole.

This might be thin enough to fit between the playfield and the OEM kicker assy. + it looks like it has those two alignment shark fins which is what you want Pafasa.
Try this? > Opaque White Eject Hole Base # WLL-3B7351
http://www.pbresource.com/rollobut.htm

Scroll to the bottom^^^of that link.

#9 11 years ago

Interesting idea. I may be able to fit something like that. I wonder how the out hole switch will work with the ball being held up a little higher.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

. I wonder how the out hole switch will work with the ball being held up a little higher.

I don't think it would be that much higher, (get 2 and cut the center out of one of them for use as a shim?)the only issue I can see is will the kicker arm align through the plastic slot?
The plus is its cheap price ,thin ,and easy to modify a cut into it for the kicker arm if need be.

#11 11 years ago

Reference Williams / Bally Part Number
#03-9101-XX

Go to planetary ^^ and look at a diagram to see how they use that part.

#12 11 years ago

I would have to find a way to fasten this to the top of the outhole kicker. Since this unit swivels, I can't just screw it to the playfield from the bottom. It has to turn with the unit. I gotta think about this. Not sure how to fasten the plastic part to the moving metal base. Hmmmm.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Since this unit swivels, I can't just screw it to the playfield from the bottom. It has to turn with the unit.

OK swiveling might be a problem , maybe an epoxy adhesive/pop rivet for attaching the plastic kickout hole?
Maybe just get some metal tab welded to it like the original.

#15 11 years ago

Where did you find that? It is not exactly what I need, but that can be modified to suit my needs!

#16 11 years ago

I just acquired a bunch of old pinball parts. Mostly woodrail era stuff. This was in there and it looks similar.

Alex

Ballkickout.jpgBallkickout.jpg

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I just acquired a bunch of old pinball parts. Mostly woodrail era stuff. This was in there and it looks similar.
Alex

That's the standard out hole kicker bracket. With the fingers intact. I could drill the weld on that and weld it on mine. Would you sell it to me?

#19 11 years ago

Sure, $10 shipped? Or two for $15 shipped.
Thanks,
Alex

#20 11 years ago

PM sent

Quoted from AlexF:Sure, $10 shipped? Or two for $15 shipped.
Thanks,
Alex

#21 11 years ago

Thanks AlexF! I received the parts today. I will be able to make them work perfectly. Hope you enjoy what I sent you in exchange!

#22 11 years ago

Hi Pafasa,
I got the roto decals in the mail tonight. They are awesome! And enough extra to do multiple games.

It was nice to be able to trade for something we both needed. Being a member of the pinball community is a lot of fun sometimes.
Thanks again,
Alex

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eject-hole-fingers-broken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.