Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NicToria
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicToria.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

We have an Bally Eight Ball that is not starting a game. We have replaced the MPU as well as the Solenoid Drive Board with new Alltek boards. I am about to put in the Lamp Driver Board as well just to see if that is causing the issue, don't think so, but going to try anyway. Most all the lights are working and all the sounds at startup is that like normal. I am at a loss and the husband is getting frustrated. All the Test points from the transformer are fine as well. Any additional directions to go and what to check next would be appreciated! Thank you!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Take the ball out
Go into switch test (little button inside coindoor)
Make sure that no switches are stuck on, on the displays.
Make sure that when the ball falls into the outhole behind the flippers, that the switch reads the correct number on the displays.
The game won't start unless the switch knows that there is a ball on it.

Thanks for the reply vid1900, but we are not able to get the game into test mode either. I just checked the diode on that switch and it is good.

#5 5 years ago

ok, looks like the fish paper is in place...I looked at another machine we have for reference . The coin door has been worked on. Coinmechs have been removed and a button wired to add credits if that makes sense. We have traced the wires all the way to the MPU and have continuity on the start button. Also I forgot to mention, sorry, on the solenoid driver board we do have the Q19 light on for coin lockout. Not sure if that is causing an issue with it not starting. Thanks again for all the help.

#6 5 years ago

Follow up..Took coin door from Bally Strikes Spares..Door lights up.. Unable to use coin mech. and or the little L wire to add credits... So we reset the game back to add credits. coins..Bypassing the Alltek style.

I did set off the chimes while changing bulbs.. Maybe touching the lamp itself and a coil end. ??? Unsure. It added 40 credit to the display... ????

I took out all the old bulbs and tested them.. Known working lamp... Then reinstalled ---WE do have a locked =frozen. coil.. I have cut the wires to the coil itself ... Should be out of the loop right .?? No drama.

Unable to get it to boot. So unable to get into red test button mode.

Rectifier values.
T-1 6.4
T-2 184
T-3 12.8
T-4 7.4 VAC
T-5 46.2

J3 Connected. Rectifer and Solenoid Board.

T-1 6.3
T- 2 256
T - 3 17
T -4 7.2
T- 5.. 45.7

I have the stock Bally Rectifer Board installed and Stock Transformer.. I have Brand New Big Daddy Rectifier boards on hand. Just have not installed one yet. And soldered those style of wires before.

All the other boards are New... ALLTEK boards. MPU -SD.=.Lamp

Thanks for your time. Appreciate it... NT. And so does the Ms... LOL She is a better at learning and remembering pinball tech and fixing... Not her first tech rodeo at all..... I just like to play... Thanks all that responded to her today... Wifey Happy--Pinball O Plenty for us.....Nick.

#7 5 years ago

Hey Pinsiders... Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what we can do next. ?? Would like to get this project up and running with some help if you have time.

THX> NT>

#11 5 years ago

All right guys. Great ideas.. WE will work on it again this weekend.. and post back. THX a million. NT>

#12 5 years ago

Eureka.. We have Boot and start modes... Test Button working.. .. So now onward and up.

Some coils dead or ??? A couple coil slingshots out.. but 90 % of the lights and targets work. Not bad for a game they said hadn't been played or touched in a few years.. Win Win.. Backglass almost perfect. Typical Wear and tear on Cabinet.

BIG THANKS to all the commented on this great group. Xenon Vid...Big Al...DotheDoo..And all that just took a look. It was the J3 connector that needed repining .. Note for next time. REPIN REPIN REPIN...

Peace Guys NT. Nick Victoria.... If your at Expo. A free Beer for sure... THX>Again.

2 weeks later
#13 5 years ago

Quoted from NicToria:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eight-bally-not-starting-a-game
Bally Eight Ball problems.. Thx to all the responded and helped earlier...
WE have the whole game working .. BUT.. The right flipper will not..The coil hums and sorta twitches..

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Peeps. We got this game up and going today. THX for all the help and ideas... It was a combination of new pins on the connectors and the EOS switch was wonky... HA.... Win Win.... Now just some cleaning and a rubber kit.... Another Old School pin revived.. THX Again...NT...AAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NicToria.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eight-bally-not-starting-a-game?tu=NicToria and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.