• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

How many flashes on the MPU when powering up?

Is there a glow in the score displays?

#8 5 years ago

Since there are no flashes on the MPU, it's time to check the power supply voltages. List what the voltages are for each test point on the rectifier board and the Solenoid Driver Board (SDB) and report back.

#11 5 years ago

Those are unusually low voltages for the SDB. What readings do you get on the rectifier board? One of the test points is AC voltage, I don't remember which one. Refer to the Pinwiki guides for the voltages. Also, as Astill pointed out, how do the connectors look on the rectifier board? Are they burned, melted, etc?

#16 5 years ago

I think you can move it if MH is working, but if there’s something downstream that’s bad, you might blow that board, too.

If you’re in over your he’d like you suggest, wait until your buddy comes over and begin systematically troubleshooting per the PinWiki Bally/Stern guide. It will walk you through checking the power supply first, then connecting the other boards one at a time to find issues. There’s no point in shotgunning an issue when there exists an established logical progression of troubleshooting and bulletproofing.

#18 5 years ago

I think the transformer and rectifier board are one complete module. That means a few screws and connectors are involved- no soldering.

#22 5 years ago

Ok. To me, those moves pretty well confirm your problems are with the connectors/wiring assemblies. Look closely at the connectors - are the pins green looking or really tarnished badly? Remove one of the pins and look at it. Does it look worn? Chances are one pin would be representative of the others.

Try checking resistance between the pins, following the wiring diagrams. I think you’ll find they read bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eight-ball-won-t-boot?tu=billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.